(Closed) 243 Days! So close but so far!

posted 9 years ago in March 2010
Post # 3
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Wahooo (early morning) March Love — and a date twin!

We recently booked our photographer (already taken care of: venue, reception, catering, florist, tentatively cake). I set up our web site yesterday and will be ordering our STDs from Vista Print just as soon as they send me a coupon. 😀 I can’t wait to get those addressed and out.

Next month I’m flying to Atlanta (where the wedding will be) to try on dresses and pick a BM color (they pick the dresses) with my MOH. FI is also researching hotels that run shuttles to our venue for blocks and looking into a DJ.

I think we’re in that nice phase where everything is close enough to finally start to seem real but soooo close that it makes us panicky! Love it!

Post # 4
705 posts
Busy bee

We have our STD’s mailed out, photographer, videographer and cosmetology booked.  Yesterday I just ordered materials to make our inviations. Both MoB and MoH dresses have been ordered!!  I feel like I don’t have anything to do for a while now, lol.

Post # 5
818 posts
Busy bee

Don’t have STDs done yet, but we just had our engagement pictures done yesterday so when we get those back, we’ll do the STDs!!!

Post # 6
250 posts
Helper bee

Done: ceremony and reception venues, photographer, officiant confirmed.

Not done: STDs and wedding website, cake, flowers, dress.  MOH is shopping for her own dress.  FI and GM can take care of own clothing. 

FI also says he’s taking sole responsibility for the rehearsal dinner.  I am slightly worried about this (and I also don’t know why he wants to do this), but am trying to trust that he will figure out something beyond steaks in the backyard…

Happy planning, ladies!

Post # 7
774 posts
Busy bee

I have been gathering things here and there like fans, paper, ribbon…buying embosser, pads, powder, stamps, cuddlebug, sticker machine. I checked Mint.com the other day and say I’ve already spent about $700 on wedding related expenses!

Done already:

booked venue for ceremony and reception

sent STDs

have favor boxes

matchbooks

bubbles, ribbon and tulle to assemply (just need to print out tags)

Started already:

Tissue packets

talking about flowers, centerpieces, vases, table numbers

Doing in the next month:

ordering invitations

finalizing decision for BM dresses 

Doing in the next two months:

booking photographer and scheduling e-pics

ordering dress

I have felt like the 8 month mark has crept up on me and after sending the STDs it seems like I took a hiatus so now I am in full wedding planning mode. 🙂

The topic ‘243 Days! So close but so far!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors