24/7 hangover feeling, help please!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Mrslovebug:  Do you drink or eat anything before you get out of bed in the morning? The nurses here told me to eat a cracker or two before even rolling over to get out of bed in the morning as well as sipping some Coke (that had been sitting out all night for the carbonation to fizzle out).

I hope someone else can give you some more advice (I didn’t have any morning sickness). I know a lot of other women take Unisom and B6 to help as well as ginger chews.

I hope you feel better soon.

Post # 4
761 posts
Busy bee

such bad morning sickness can be from magnesium deficiency. Make sure you take a little bit of magnesium (I use natural calm – look it up on amazon – don’t take too much otherwise you’ll get diarrhea) and just eat tiny amounts but very frequently. Don’t let yourself get low blood sugar, that’s often a symptom of it.

Post # 5
1787 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Ugh, that sounds like the worse.  I hate to say it, but the only time I’ve felt like that during my pregnancy is when my body is exhausted (like in standing a lot that day or after busy weekends).  Can you talk to your emloyer about modifying the amount of time you need to stand?  I don’t know how pregnant bees who stand all day do it—My whole body swells up and I start feeling like crap when I’m on my feet for long periods. 

I also do hear it gets much better after weeks 12-14.

Post # 6
1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

That’s weird they won’t let you take meds… my doctor said it’s better to have the meds in you before the puking starts. Constant nausea is never fun which is why he put me on diclectin. Mind you, I’m taking the bare minimum… one before I go to bed so that when I wake up in the morning my stomach feels more settled. I’m also trying to munch on things like crackers pretty regularly and bought a seaband ( a bracelet that hits a pressure point to stop nausea) . Still feel crappy, but better than I did before. 

Post # 7
9253 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Mrslovebug:  ((HUGS))  I remember that feeling.  I had a boy. 🙂  Good luck and I’m so sorry you’re going through this.  It’ll be worth it in the end.  Try Sea Bands.

Post # 8
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Mrslovebug:  My morning sickness wasn’t as bad as what it sounds like you’re having, so I am so sorry you’re dealing with such a rough time!  However, some things that helped me– eating a few crackers before getting out of bed was helpful for me (someone on the boards recommended oyster crackers rather than saltines and those were great!).  Just having 4-5 oyster crackers while still in bed seemed to help my mornings a little bit.

I also tried candied ginger, which helped a little at first (especially for my metro train rides to work in the AM), but then I developed an aversion to the smell of ginger, so I had to stop!

Post # 9
644 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

So sorry they won’t give you anything 🙁 For me that was the ONLY thing that even helped a little and it took awhile to find the right mix. I hear it gets better for most people but I’m 15 weeks and still feeling like crap, I’ve been able to go some days without the meds but will usually throw up if I don’t take them. Are you able to keep down your prenatals? Maybe if you told your doc you were worried the baby wasn’t getting the right nutrition they would consider the meds?

Post # 10
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@cora_123:  It will get better! I thought it would never end for me, but right around 21 weeks I was back to myself.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors