25 days until the wedding – thinking of eloping instead.

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@HeyKaraoke:  I have not done this, but after a week filled with drama, I have been wishing more and more that we could.

I think your idea sounds wonderful! 🙂 As long as you don’t think that people would be really upset and would still come and support you, I don’t see why not. At the same time, though, I know I’d feel bad if my girls paid for their dresses/shoes/whatever for nothing. =(

I am sorry your mom made things hard for you. *HUUUUUUUUGS*

Post # 4
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I am always for eloping, but in this case if you’re still going to have the reception, why not just go through with it that day? You’re so close now, 2 1/2 weeks, why go to the courthouse when you’re almost there?

Post # 5
2454 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m not saying this to be mean, but I would be really pissed if I was your aunt or any other of your out of town guests. A low-key celebration is different from someone’s wedding and I dont know if I would spend the money to fly all that way for something that laidback. 

I’m really sorry you’ve dealt with all this drama. Eloping is a great idea, but at this point, I do not see how it will help. Maybe I’m missing something?

Post # 8
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@HeyKaraoke:  With all of that drama, I just say go for it. I’d talk to your OOT aunt just to be sure, and explain it all to her, but just do it. It’s YOUR day. Especially if half your party doesn’t even have their tuxes? Screw that nonsense.

Post # 9
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

@HeyKaraoke:  Out of curiousity, if you did a self uniting ceremony; would it be legal?

Post # 11
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I say go for it 🙂  I am so massively stressed by my family at the moment, that I really, really want to elope.  If we’d have known how stressful it would be just to get my family to *come* to my wedding, we would have basically said ‘this time, this date, this place, no reception’ and gone somewhere really remote, so the people who really care and want to come will, and no one else.  Seriously, no formal invitations or anything.  A bit late for that now, but if you can manage it and you both want it, I say go for the elopement.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors