- Ms. Sloth
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
Remember that “25 Random Things About Me” meme that ran rampant on Facebook last year? I was thinking we could do that again. But let’s do all non-wedding-related factoids to celebrate the fact that we are not just brides-to-be, we are PEOPLE!!
Here are mine, and I can’t wait to hear everyone else’s!
1. I run a fashion website and am fairly shameless about pimping it. Sorry.
2. I have a beagle named Basil (rhymes with “dazzle”) and I’m kind of obsessed with him.
3. I love, love, LOVE music. Some of my favorite artists are The Velvet Underground, Wilco, My Morning Jacket, Radiohead, The Afghan Whigs, Oasis, Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes, Gram Parsons, Stereolab, and Nick Drake.
4. I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am a TERRIBLE picture taker. I keep upgrading my camera and I keep taking shitty pictures. It’s not the camera’s fault, it’s mine!
5. I own a Snuggie (I received it as a joke Christmas gift) and I love it.
6. If I could afford it, I’d eat sushi every day.
7. My little sister (it’s weird saying “little sister” because she just turned 30) has lived in Europe for almost nine years. She spent 7 years in Paris and now she lives outside of Amsterdam. It’s awesome to have a free place to stay!
8. My favorite movis are The Graduate, Amelie, The Shawshank Redemption, The Royal Tenenbaums, Sideways, and Harold and Maude.
9. My biggest celebrity crush is Paul Rudd. I’ve loved him since Clueless.
10. I’m kind of addicted to the internet, in case you couldn’t tell by how often I’ve posted these past few days. 😉
11. I don’t mind flying, but I hate airports.
12. I hate driving and getting rid of my car last year was the best decision I’ve ever made. I used to say that I wanted to hire a chauffeur to drive me around in my crappy old Saturn.
13. My mom and I don’t always get along but I admire how she raised my sister and me. By the time she was my age, she was divorced with a teenager and an 8 year-old, supporting us with no help from our father.
14. I have an obsession with handbags. I’m extremely frugal when it comes to clothes, but will happily plunk down way too much money on a nice bag. It’s my biggest weakness.
15. When I was younger, I used to be able to DRINK like a champ. Now, I can have two beers, pass out, and feel totally hungover the next day.
16. I have four tattoos. I got them between the ages of 18-20. My mother told me I’d regret them, and I told her she was crazy, but guess what? 15 years later, she was RIGHT. I don’t mind tattoos as a whole, but mine are really stupid. Sigh.
17. I got a neti pot for Christmas and I’m obsessed with it. It is SO gross but SO awesome to clear all the gunk out of your nose. Love it.
18. I start every day off with a Dunkin Donuts coffee. It’s my favorite. And I’m one of the few people who hates Starbucks coffee.
19. When it comes to politics, I am very, very liberal.
20. Whenever I’m feeling down, I just check out photos or videos of puppies. I can spend hours looking at puppies online.
21. I quit smoking in October, after smoking for almost 20 years(!)
22. I once briefly appeared on television, back when Isaac Mizrahi had a talk show.
23. I love everything about my job except for what I do. I love the company, the people, the office itself. I wish I could just go there and hang out!
24. I loathe all sports with the exception of baseball. I kind of love baseball, especially the Phillies.
25. I’ve had bangs for about 15 years. I keep trying to grown them out and then I hate how I look without them so I cut them again. I will probably have bangs for the rest of my life.