(Closed) 25 Random NWR Things

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

wow!  Since it’s friday and i don’t give a damn, i’ll play.

and for the record, i’m stealing one of yours:

1.[stolen] My biggest celebrity crush is Paul Rudd. I’ve loved him since Clueless. [swoon!]

2. There aren’t many things i like more than cats and kittens

3. i have an unhealthy knowledge of Simpsons trivia, though i haven’t watched the show since college (those new episodes are too short, and too celebrity filled, yuck)

4. It took me 3 years to finally find a tall boot that didn’t make me feel like the biggest poser in the universe. Last one I bought made me look “like a storm trooper from star wars” according to Darling Husband and it was really stupidly true. sigh!

5. I love living near the beach, but never seem to go!

6. I love aquaphor. Love love love. I try and carry a tub around with me everywhere i go!

7. I have a very nice cell phone but have only used the interwebs on it twice, and probably only use the camera and texting featureS. oh well!  I save my web surfing for my glorious Mac and my work computer, haha.

8. When I grow up, i want to have my own design business. 

Ladies and gents, it’s about time for me to leave! Tonight is Reggae with new friends and old friends, and I must get home and get ready.  maybe the other 17 can get added tomorrow πŸ™‚

Post # 4
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Here goes nothing!

1. Much like danadelphia, I look at YouTube videos of kittens as a pick me up. Fiance even puts them on his iPhone for me if I’m sad and we’re in bed.

2. I have my own interior design company (just me). And like danadelphia, I’m not scared to pimp it out, I do have to pay for a wedding after all πŸ˜‰

3. I would eat prosciutto and melon every day for the rest of my life if I could.

4. I lived in Florence, Italy for 3 months and had the required Italian boyfriend who spoke no english but looked oh so yummy!

5. I bake. I bake to procastinate. I bake when I’m bored. I bake when I’m emotional. I bake.

6. I have serious willpower issues.

7. I have 3 cats who are my children. It’s scary how much I love them.

8. I hate putting away my laundry. If I could pay someone to do it I would. I don’t mind DOING laundry, but putting it away is awful. Not sure why.

9. I only started cooking when I met Fiance. I’m pretty good for being less than 5  years in!

10. I get hives from my chin to my waist when I drink Wolf Blass wine. I discovered this the morning after drinking a bottle with Fiance (when we just met) and then needed to get on a plane to Italy (8 hours of flying) looking like I had some weird disease. I wore a turtleneck.

11. I think one of my favourite songs ever is Indie Rock and Roll by the Killers.

12. I have purple highlights in my hair.

13. I have 2 tattoos and I’m trying to figure out where to get my third one.

14. I’m super self conscious about the spot under my butt. What is that? Upper thigh lower cheek? I hate that spot! I only wear boy bottom bikinis because of it.

15. Over the knee socks make me giggle like a little girl. I put them on on days when I’m feeling a little down or a little wacky. I usually spend some time dancing around in them.

16. I’m the weirdest person I know and I’m okay with that.

17. 2 of my cats have songs I sing to them. Personalized to them. They love their songs. Yep. Again, strange strange girl.

18. I love taking photos. I think I’m not half bad but I don’t do it enough.

19. I took a roadtrip out to Newfoundland in a 1973 Winnebago Brave with Fiance this past summer. It was the best time of my life!

20. I have a terrible memory at times, but will randomly shout out what I was trying to remember later in the day at a totally unrelated time.

21. I have a serious addiction to Wii Indiana Jones. I made a friend take a day off work when the second one was released so we could play all day.

22. If I read Harry Potter before bed, I dream I can do magic and I love it. Best dreams ever.

23. I wish I were 2-3″ taller.

24. In high school I only had guy friends. They had a band that rehearsed in my parent’s basement. Most people hated high school but I think they were some of the most fun times I’ve ever had!

25. I love being a grown up!

Post # 6
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

1. I think the camera thing applies to me too. I have been toying with the idea of buyin a new camera, however I think you snapped me out of it, because I’m pretty sure I am also a bad photographer.

2. I love Amelie… I thought I was the only one!

3. I totally met Paul Rudd in December.  He has a house here in Overland Park, KS where I’m from πŸ™‚

I’ll fill out my 25 in a min πŸ™‚

Post # 7
1111 posts
Bumble bee

@ danadelphia, I totally used to read your website ALL THE TIME, but then I realized I needed to spend time on my schoolwork…

Post # 8
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Wow…I’m really bored…

1. I have the same birthday as Harry Potter, which is also the same as Jane Eyre. (Rowling borrowed A LOT from Jane Eyre)

2. I can play Expert in Guitar Hero, but I had to give it up because I was getting carpal tunnel…

3. I hate back-tracking.

4. and when people write “loose” when they mean “lose”

5. I was in the marching band in college and I LOVED it!

6. I’m really messy.  Wish I wasn’t, but I don’t know how to fix it.

7. I’m turning 30 2 weeks before my wedding.  (I think that’s still Not Wedding Related.)

8. I’m battling a serious chocolate addiction right now.  Like eating whole snickers bars at a time!  I never EVER used to do that, but I just can’t stop!

9. Drinking tea and stretching make me very happy.

10. Hmm…this one is WR but it’s cool and random.  I have known all of my bridesmaid’s for at least 25 years!  Two of them were in my Kindergarten class, one is my sister, and one is the sister of one of the first 2…get it?)

Ok, that’s it, I’m spent.

Post # 9
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I love Amelie too!

Post # 10
2634 posts
Sugar bee

1. I love, love, LOVE to read and have more books at home waiting to be read that I can probably read in two years.  I have a book buying, uh, “problem”.

2. I detest the smell and taste of coffee.

3. I’ve never in my life done any sort of recreational drug.

4. My hair is long right now, but I MUCH prefer it short.

5. I don’t like chocolate flavored things (i.e. cake and ice cream), but I do like “real” chocolate.

6. I have waaaayyyy too much scrapbooking stuff at my house and haven’t used it in like two years.  But I’ve spent so much $$$$ on it that I can’t justify getting rid of it. Embarassed

7. I was in the US Navy for almost nine years.

8. I’ve had cosmetic surgery and am not ashamed of it.

9. I’m mildly obessed with my eyebrows.  If they don’t get waxed at least every four weeks I start to panic.

10. I love shoes.  And handbags.

11. I don’t really enjoy watching tv.  See #1.  LOL.

12. I love to run, but pretty much suck at it.  My goal is to get my time down to a sub 9 min. mile, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get there.

13. I have 20+ pairs of black work slacks in my closet.  Don’t ask how many fit at present.

14. I’ve never tried sushi and have no desire to.

15. I hate scary/gory movies.  Can’t watch them, they scare me THAT much.

16. I often worry that people don’t “get” my sense of humor (it’s very British).

17. Even though I’m (almost) 5′ 11″, I wouldn’t mind be a few inches taller.

18. I’m the youngest child in my family.

19. I have ugly toenails.  I’ve had a few surgeries for ingrown nails and my two biggest toenails look pretty funny.

20. I’d rather starve that eat something with mayo on it. 

21. I carry a reuseable lunch tote everyday to work (everything helps, right?).

22. I’m right handed.

23. I’m a “glass half full” person MOST of the time.

24. I hate it when people drive with their turn signal on.

25. My #1 pet peeve is tardiness. 

Post # 11
852 posts
Busy bee

Alright… let’s see.

1. I love mint m&ms that only come out at xmas time. My mom buys me 12 bags. One to freeze for every month of the year.

2. When eating smarties (the little round candies that come in a roll….) I must eat three at a time. They are not divisible by two or four, so I must eat them in threes so no one feels left out at the end)

3. I only wear two heights of socks.  They either have to be up to my knee, or ankle socks. No inbetween, no mid calf… makes me cringe thinking about it.

4.  When I was little I had a scheduling crisis. Sesame Street and the Price is right were on at the same time…. I chose the Price is Right. I worked out to a fitness show first (leotard and sweat bands and all) and then watched the Price is Right during cool down πŸ˜‰ and I was only three πŸ™‚ Price is Right is still my favorite show. Totally went once, didn’t get on stage πŸ™

5. I love doing laundry.  My favorite part is folding the clothes.  I fold all of them, even though I take them to the closet and end up hanging 75% of them up.

6. George Strait is my favorite singer. I know useless trivia about him, and desperately wish I could afford to have him sing at my wedding. HA!  Personally I think he should perform for his biggest fan for free.

7. I love cheese. I could eat it all day long.

8. I’ve lived within a five mile radius my entire life.  Sometimes the SO and I discuss moving one day, but it scares me a little.

9. I’ve never been out of the United States. 

10. I can’t cook, and while sometimes I’m ashamed of that… I love that my SO cooks and I just do the dishes.

11. I can fall asleep in the car in a matter of minutes, even if we’re just going across town.

12. I have a children’s book obsession. I have an elementary education degree and accumulated lots of childrens books while in school. I am not teaching at this time but have a problem not buying children’s books.  Someday my kids will have an awesome library.

13. I’ve never done a recreational drug.

14. I’ve never smoked a cigarette.

15. I didn’t drink alcohol until my 21st birthday.

16. I am a pessimist, I wish I wasn’t and sometimes I try not to be, but my mind naturally things of the negatives first.

17. I am slightly OCD.  I have a hard time paying attention when things aren’t where they are supposed to be. For example if someones talking to me and the rug isn’t flat on the floor… I have to fix it. (I don’t lock the door multiple times or anything like that)

18. My favorite movie is Pure Country (George Strait). It was one of the few movies I saw in theaters as a kid (my parents didn’t take us to the movies) and I’ve loved it every since. I can recite the entire thing in my head without it even being on the TV).

19. I have a phobia of being late… it raises my blood pressue. For me “if you’re on time, you’re late.” If I show up to work on time it makes me antsy.

20. I love coats. I have way more coats, jackets, parkas, etc than anyone one person could need.

21. I love Almost and Crested Butte Colorado.  I have been there every year of my life until two years ago and I miss it dearly.

22. My name is Ashley because it’s the only name my parents could agree on that they didn’t think sounded “bad” with my middle name.

23. I was born three weeks early, face down, butt first, with the umbilical cord around my neck. No c-section either. Mom was in labor for 36 hours and then kept warning her that I’d have brain damage.  (now they’d never make her deliver vaginally)  Miraculously I don’t have brain damage, although certain people would beg to differ.

24. I get along with boys better than girls.

25. I’m currently hungry and can’t wait for the SO to take me to a nice dinner tonight πŸ™‚

Post # 13
852 posts
Busy bee

Thought that might get a laugh. My mom has pictures of me in the leotard and sweat band… I should find to post because it is absolutely hilarious.  Hey at least Price is Right taught me math and numbers since I was missing out on Sesame Street.

My boyfriend is really mean and likes to take just one smartie out of the package and roll it back up… I then eat in threes and end up with the wrong amount!!  It makes me crazy!

Post # 15
1106 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

This is fun!!! Great post!!

1. I, too, am in love with Paul Rudd… GORGEOUS.

2. I have a Catahoula Leopard dog (mix between a great dane and a german shepherd) who’s name is Luke.

3. I grew up in Southern California and lived there for 23 years until I moved to Texas in 2008.

4. I love shoes. Love, love, love them.

5. I love doing laundry, but I loathe putting it away.

6. I love grape chapstick (it’s pretty much the only thing I’ll wear)

7. I was almost 11 pounds when I was born. (Due to being a complete month overdue)

8. I have been blessed with scoliosis (curvature of the spine). I’ve contemplated having the surgery done, but can’t bring myself to do it. I figured, God made me unique for a reason, plus I’ve lived with this for over half my life, so it’s become a part of me.

9. I full-heartedly believe in God.

10. I’m a bookworm! I absolutely love to read.

11. I’ve done some acting in Los Angeles and loved every second of it. That’s where my true passion lies. I’ve also done some theater here in Texas, which was also fun, but nothing compares to a movie set.

12. I’m extremely sarcastic and I love to make people laugh!

13. I’m allergic to coffee beans.

14. I do physical therapy for a living. But I still have yet to find what it is that I really want to do forever.

15. I am a HUGE chocoholic. I love, love, LOVE chocolate. Put some nuts and carmel with it and we’ve got a deal! Or maybe some chocolate covered pretzels or strawberries. YUM!! It doesn’t matter what it is… I love chocolate!

16. I have a tattoo on the inside of my left wrist that says my Native American name in my Grandpa’s tribe language. It’s my little tribute to him. My next tattoo will also be in tribute to him… a bird on the side of my left ribcage. 

17. I got my nose pierced in 2006 and I love it.

18. I’ve worked for the summer X-Games 3 years in a row, the Jeremy McGrath Invitational, and have interned for a pro-hockey team for an entire season.

19. I love pictures. And picture frames. I think I’m more partial to black and white pictures. They’re just awesome.

20. I hate bugs, snakes, reptiles, sharks, eels, etc.

21. I learned how to drive a manual truck before I ever drove a standard car.

22. Macaroni and cheese is my comfort food. And it’s also the thing I know how to make best ;]

23. I love coming up with new projects I can do. I love art, making things, drawing, writing, etc.

24. This is the number that will be our wedding day. I know it’s not supposed to be wedding related, but we came up with 24 because we were both born on a 2, we got together on a 2, and us combining our lives together would make 4. So we have 2 for him 2 for me and 4 for us. Sappy, I know ;] But a great story, nonetheless!

25. I love to travel but can’t help but be a little paranoid now since traveling home from England in 2005… there was a bomb threat sent to my seat on the plane. Talk about scary!

That’s it!!

Post # 16
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@ Miss Chocolate:I want a Catahoula SOOOOO bad!!!! *jelous!*

I’ll try! 25 is hard though!!!

1. I hate chocolate chip cookies. YUK!!!!

2. I’m a single mom of a *almost* 2-year-old (guess not really single anymore!!!)

3. I used to ride horses competitively, doing jumping

4. I LOVE country music and old rock (saw AC/DC this last summer!!!!)

5. I am deathly afraid of spiders and the dark (I sleep with a night light)

6. I Love being outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, 4-wheeling, anything outside!!!!

7. I’m addicted to coffee! Can’t go a day without it

8. My favorite color is blue

9. I have 5 tatoos

10. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth

11. I’m the youngest of 3 girls

12. My parents got married after 3 months and will be celebrating their 30th anniversary this year. So for everyone who says my Fiance and I got engaged too fast, it does work!!!!

13. I love scrapbooking, reading, watching movies, playing Wii, and playing on the computer, when I have time! πŸ˜‰

14. I was never alergic to anything until a few years ago. Now I’m allergic to latex, penicillin, cyclines, sulfa, and fake metal

15. I shot my first deer when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant!

16. I love shoes. I buy tons, but only wear a couple. They are the only thing you can go try on and not feel fat! hahah

17. I have a phobia of kleenex/toilet paper/paper towels ect that are wadded up and holes

18. I love traveling and flying

19. I love sushi

20. Cheesecake is my favorite thing ever

21. I have never broken a bone

22. I am *slightly* OCD, ok, maybe a slightly more than slightly!

23. I compulsively wash my hands

24. I’ve never learned to put makeup on, so I don’t wear any foundation, coverup, etc (don’t really even know what it is!) Just some powder and mascara for me! πŸ™‚

25. Last one!!!!! hhhmmm… I will try anything once. I will always at least try a food offered to me (rocky MTN oysters, yum!!!) and the only thing I will not eat is Brocolli strada (but I love everything in it!)

There! I did it! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘25 Random NWR Things’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors