(Closed) 2.5 WEEKS UNTIL MY WEDDING AND I DISLOCATE MY KNEE! :(

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
3142 posts
Sugar bee

Oh noooooos!

Is there any way you could just ‘throw in the towel’ and dance for your wedding a bit (if you feel up to it) then go right back to being diligent about getting it healed up before and after?

Post # 4
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Oh no!! That’s terrible!!! Big big big ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Okay. Can I ask a terrible question? What would the worst case scenario be if you did dance at your wedding? If you take it easy up until the wedding, and are good to your knee again after, what’s the damage from a one night slip up? If you can’t bend your knee, how are you walking? Do you have crutches or a brace? Would advil or a pain killer help to keep any inflammation down on your wedding day and make it more comfortable?? Sorry, apparently I have 8 million questions…

Post # 5
1645 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t have any advice. I’m sorry. But I can offer a giant internet hug. (((HUGS)))

I’m sure this hurts in more than one way. D:

Post # 6
2793 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Ohhhh no! Okay this may be absolutely terrible advice but maybe popping some painkillers and “forgetting” about this not bending the knee nonsense for one itty bitty little night wouldn’t really kill you, would it?

Post # 7
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am just getting over a knee dislocation (3rd time) …  honestly I would say to invest in good brace that can support your knee and help you get through the day , it would make a world of a different . Donjoy has some good ones ..other than that I would ask your DR what your limitations are for your wedding… and you can always dance with all/most of your weight on the other leg

Post # 8
4372 posts
Honey bee

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry that happened to you! 

Post # 9
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’ve never dislocated my knee, but I have a torn minscus in both knees so the syptoms sound the same (knee cap rubbing on bone causing pain). I’d say invest in a good knee brace and take some pain killers before your wedding. Also, try to stay out of heels if possible, maybe just wear them for the ceremony and kick em off for the reception. I don’t think 1 night would kill you, but definitely try to take it easy up until then and then be really careful during the reception. Talk to your doctor though, he’d probably be able to give you some suggestions.

Post # 10
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Im so sorry dear! You gotta rest though and I give you HUGE Hugs!

Post # 11
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Get a knee brace, and talk to your doc about a steroid injection or something the morning of your wedding.  Just so you can get through the day without pain.  Then resume babying your knee.  And if you don’t already have your honeymoon scheduled, maybe set it for the end of your PT, so you have something to celebrate and can fully enjoy the honeymoon.  Good luck!  I am totally terrified of injuring myself in the next two weeks, so I feel so awful for you!

Post # 12
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Well, you can’t go by me, because I’d be the one doing everything I could and my FI would end up tying me down.  Literally.  He would TIE ME DOWN and probably put a couple guards over me to keep me from using my leg!!!  He’s odd that way…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Honestly, I’d get a brace, take REALLY good care and be REALLY careful with it, then enjoy the wedding day/night (including dancing) and then go back to being a good girl afterwards.  

But… like I said… i’d try to do it, but I know my FI.  He’d totally NOT let me, lol.

Post # 13
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t have any advice other than what the other ladies have said, but am sending some huge internet **HUGS** your way!!

Post # 15
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Ohh, sweetheart, I am sooo sorry ๐Ÿ™ I’ve been following along with your wedding planning on here and you’re one of my favorite bees ๐Ÿ™

I saw this and my heart just sank – I hate it for you! I’m sure that you’ll still have a beautiful wedding and be so happy afterwards, though. Sending you lots of hugs. ๐Ÿ™

Post # 16
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Tswife4ever: Did he consider both a sleeve or a brace? For some reason some doctors jump right to the brace without considering the sleeve with a knee immobilizing gel thingy (mine gave me a brace and it caused me more pain because of how messed up my knees are)

I’m sorry about your wedding. PT will hopefully help, make sure you find one you like! This last round of PT went so much better for me because I liked my PT as opposed to previous rounds where I was meh at best about them. (I also did the excercises regularly which also helped)

The topic ‘2.5 WEEKS UNTIL MY WEDDING AND I DISLOCATE MY KNEE! :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors