2.5 year anniversary: Need gift ideas for SO!

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
502 posts
Busy bee

It’s not actually an anniversary so why don’t you just surprise him with a nice home cooked meal and a massage?

Post # 4
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

I second the home meal, maybe with a beer since he likes beer…maybe bake cupcakes or a cake, too? We don’t celebrate half-versaries so I’m not sure how ‘big’ you guys go for them 🙂

Post # 6
1360 posts
Bumble bee

My SO mentions every once in a while that there’s a book he wants to read or buy. I’ll say something like “that’s nice” as if I don’t care, but write it in my phone as soon as I get the chance. (this didn’t work once, though. I ordered a book for his birthday that he had told me he wanted 7 months before, and I didn’t notice that in the meantime he had bought it until I had already ordered it!) So, can you remember him mentioning something he wants?

Otherwise, the meal idea is good. I’m sure he’ll enjoy anything remotely thoughtful. Men are not generally too complicated. Good luck 🙂

Post # 7
2627 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

How about buying or making a small peresonal cake with a message on it or his fav teams mascot?

Does he have a chore he prefers not to do (IE dishes) you could offer to do it for the week. 

A magazine subscription to a gardening magazine? or sports illustrated? (although honestly I would stick with food since its a 1/2versary and keep the good ideas for the real deal since normally you keep this low key)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors