(Closed) 250 Guests and a VERY limited budget!!

posted 7 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Two words: Public. Park.

Seriously. Just rent a tent & set it up in Central Park or whatever (you may have to pay a small fee, but you might also be able to do it for free!), whip up some picnic blankets and rent a few chairs/picnic tables, and you’re set!

ETA: I think there’s a wedding on The Knot that was in NYC in a park for under $10K.

Post # 4
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Jenniphyr Hahaaha. No. That won’t be allowed in New York. The most she could do is maybe a standing up ceremony in Central Park, and yes, she would have to pay to get a permit.

To the original poster, I am sighing about recommending this site but I think it might be helpful for you liweddings.com? Long Island will have those big reception halls that can handle your big party and possibly for under $80 a head.

Is your uncle a registered business? It’s difficult to do catering without insurance, etc.

Post # 5
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

@NoPants: Direct transportation up to the Hudson Valley via metro north or NJ Transit will give you caterers in that range. By car 1.5 hours.  Train anywhere btween 1-3 hours.

Post # 6
7422 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Check out the Long Island & NJ boards to find a banquet hall and you will have more leverage to negotiate a lower per person since you have such large numbers.  I’ve heard good things about Jericho Terrace and The Coral House both in Long Island.

Post # 7
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Try Douglaston Manor, its on a golf course in Eastern Queens. The space is really pretty and I think they can accommodate big numbers.

Post # 8
708 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Dyker Heights golf course in Brooklyn was pretty reasonable. Really nice ball room venue close to the city

The topic ‘250 Guests and a VERY limited budget!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors