$2500 Budget Chicago wedding possible?

posted 3 years ago in Chicago
Post # 3
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Schmeeners2013:  It helps that you don’t have a ton of guests – I’m not having my wedding in Chicago itself, but in the suburbs! To save money, and since you don’t want a lot of decor/food/booze you could possibly try an afternoon wedding? Lots of places also give you incentives for Fridays, weekdays, and sometimes Sundays as well, so even if you did an evening wedding you could potentially get a discount even still. Not only that, but since you’re toward the fall season, you may be able to find discounts for it being an off season, it just depends on if the place considers it an off season. Buffet-style dinners are supposed to be cheaper, but I found a lot of venues that sometimes they were more expensive than a plated dinner. Another option is to hold your wedding outside if possible. Even barn venues can be cheaper because you can just pay for rent and then being your own amount of food (catering) and booze, depending on their rules and whatnot.

Wish I could help more, I hope I at least did a little! I was trying to find a barn venue to save money but I just felt like it was a bit easier to find a place that already included the food and bar so we didn’t have to find 1 or 2 extra vendors.

Post # 4
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Is $2500 just for food and beverages? How do you feel about brunch? We looked into The Little Goat for a brunch reception in their private event space on the second floor. Totally adorable and they have a small rooftop on which they will allow you do to the ceremony. The food/beverage min for the space for a brunch is $2000, with tax and gratuity it’d be actually just over budget but the space does not need too much decorating (I don’t think)

http://www.littlegoatchicago.com/private-events

Also I have not been but Jane’s Restaurant — I looked into this space online because it’s cute, but too small for us. Brunch prices seem reasonable and would not need a lot of work for decoration:

http://janesrestaurant.com/private-parties/room-booking/

Just some ideas! Sorry if you’re not considering brunch options at this point, we are because of our budget and there are some really neat places.

Post # 5
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You might try Quartino’s downtown.  We looked at it for our small wedding.  Not sure they will have any availability, but the prices were reasonable & it looks pretty cool.

Post # 6
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

The Lettuce Entertain You restaurants also have private rooms and will be within your price range, and the food is quite good.  (I’ve planned work events there.)  Also, in my experience, they are willing to tailor their menu to meet your needs and budget.  You might look into Maggiano’s, Osteria Via Stato, and Wildfire.  Good luck!

Post # 7
2555 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Schmeeners2013:  Find a restaurant that has a patio or nice outdoor area. You can have the ceremony outside (or at city hall) and the reception inside the restaurant.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors