$2500 Honeymoon

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
208 posts
Helper bee

5 Day cruise. You can probably do a 7 day if you dont get a room with a balcony. Honestly. Cruise is the way to go. You’ll go somewhere fun. Theres like a billion things to do on the ship and all the food is free. You can easily achieve this for $2500. At least a 4-5 day cruise.

Post # 4
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’ve gone on plenty of 1 week all inclusives for less than 1000/pp for a week.  Have you looked around online at what’s available?  You should be able to find something in that price range. 

Post # 5
3202 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

A cruise could definitely work! We seriously considered going on a cruise, but the only ones with dates that worked for us were to places I’d been before, which seemed sort of lame for our honeymoon, haha.

We didn’t want to spend too much on our honeymoon, as we only had like 5 days to work with, so we’re going to Palm Springs for a film festival plus some other fun stuff. We’re flying from Orlando to Palm Springs and staying in a really nice hotel for 4 nights for way under $2500, though we’ll probably get close to that with nice dinners, massages, and maybe a hot-air balloon ride if the weather is nice!

You could also do somewhere nice in Florida, like the Keys, if you want beach-y!

Post # 8
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’m Canadian, so I generally use cdn sites – expedia.ca, itravel2000.com, selloffvacations.com, escapes.ca (I’ve used all of those with no issues.) 

I’m sure you can find the US equivalents. 

Couples resorts (like Beaches) are outside of that range unless its 2500/pp you have to spend or you find a great deal (they may differ from what we get up here – landing fees/taxes in Toronto at the airport are insane.)  

Honestly, if you go to tripadvisor you can get great reviews and traveller photos of various resorts.  Just take them with a grain of salt, some people give a bad rating for things that are completely beyond the control of the hotel (weather?) or ridiculous little things that likely will have no impact on your stay.  Other reviews are written by people paid for by the hotel.  I usually throw out the really low reviews and the really high ones and focus on the middle ground reviews.  And look for trends, if half the reviewers complain about something its worth noting. 

Enjoy!  I love planning trips.  🙂 

Post # 9
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@carolinagirl104:  I would check out the Excellence resorts. They’ve got a couple in Mexico and one in Punta Cana. My FI and I stayed at the one in Playa Mujeres and had a blast! And with flights and rooms for 6 nights (I believe) we came in at just a little over $1000 per person. It’s an adults only, all inclusive resort and it’s really beautiful. We’re actually going to the on ein Punta Cana for our honeymoon and spent about $3000 for rooms and flights for a whole week (Monday-Monday).

It can definitely be done – you just need to do some research and look for the deals. I always play on TravelZoo and Expedia and Orbitz. Also, look for specials – Sandals is doing a Black Friday deal (I have no clue what it is though), so that could be worth looking into as well.

Good luck!

Post # 11
4042 posts
Honey bee

@carolinagirl104:  We went on a 10 day trip to Puerto Rico (3 days) and a 7 day cruise in the Carribean for $3,000. We could have done it for $2500 if we had stayed at a cheaper hotel for the nights in Puerto Rico and if we had spent a little less on eating/gambling/shopping.

The cruise itself was only $990 (through Carnival) for the both of us. That included food and was a room with a window, midship. The plane tickets costs us $400 each (from Colorado to Puerto Rico). So you can probably save some money on that if you are located on the East coast. The remainder went to hotels in PR, rental cars, food and excursions. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors