27 weeks-have not felt kicks

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I didn’t feel any kicks until 29/30 weeks and my baby was absolutely fine. If you are worried it might be a good idea to mention it to a doctor so they can check you over and put your mind at ease. I believe as long as you can feel movement each day the baby is likely fine so try not to worry but of course check with a professional if you’re concerned.

Post # 3
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I mostly felt movement, and a lot of hiccups.  I had an anterior placenta.  Do you know if yours is anterior or posterior?

Post # 4
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My daughter really didn’t kick much she more so stretch her legs into my ribs…. I wouldny let it worry you could just mean a mellow baby

Post # 5
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m confused. Do you normally feel kicks every day and today you haven’t felt any or have you not felt kicks at all during this pregnancy? If you normally feel kicks and you have not felt any today, call your doctor or go see a physician. It often times can just be that the baby is sleeping or you may need to eat a snack and drink something. However if this is completely out of the ordinary for your baby, then you should seek medical care immediately. Better safe than sorry.

If you meant that you have not felt any kicks at all during the pregnancy, as long as everything has been looking good at your appointments, that’s what matters. 

Post # 6
42546 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

sammi9588:  If you normally feel the baby moving, and have not felt the baby move 10 times in the last 2 hours, it would be recommended that you seek medical attention. Sometimes baby is just having a quiet time, but it does warrant checking.

Post # 7
938 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I never would have described my baby’s movements as kicks. It always felt more like him stretching his arms and legs. 

Post # 8
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

sammi9588:  It used to be reccomended that if you feel less than 10 movements in a 24hour period to contact a health professional, now it is if your baby’s movements change in character and/or reduce. It may seem silly but it’s best to be safe and at the very least put your mind at ease 🙂

julies1949:  Was your post meant to say 10 times in 24 hours? 

Post # 9
870 posts
Busy bee

Monny:  Same. I don’t think I ever felt ‘kicks’ as such til he was so big he was doing full turns and it felt like he was trying to kick out more room!

Post # 10
483 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Monny: I’m the same. It never occured to me that i should feel ‘kicks’. I’ve just always felt movement…i think it’s fine *shrug* i follow the rule i was told by the midwife at my antenatal class- if you don’t feel 10 kicks in a 2 hr period call the dr/hospital.

Post # 11
42546 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

MsChandler:  No. THis is one of our screening questions for pregnancy related problems:

Has your baby stopped moving or moved less than 10 times in the past 2 hours?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors