28 Reasons You’re Better Off Never Having Kid

posted 3 years ago in Parenting
Post # 3
2355 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

SO and I would both like them possibly in the future, but at the same time, we wouldn’t be heartbroken if we ended up past child-having ages. Luckily, baby fever has not been an issue for me, but I still try to avoid triggering it, and articles like this help.

ETA: #18 definitely applies. I have had that exact experience, lol.

Post # 5
1168 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Ahh I guess Im 100% for a baby. While reading those 28 reasons, I instantly came up with another reason to have a kid for every single one. I literally was defendng having a kid to myself, such a weird inner monolouge to have. 

Post # 6
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hah, I love it!

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee

@MichiganGirl24:  lmao I dnt want kids for at least a few more years and this almost made me want to prolong. HILARIOUS. thanks for the share 

Post # 8
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

@MichiganGirl24:  

I love it!

The part about it costing $241k to raise a kid caught my eye.

I’m guessing it costs way more than that. 

Post # 9
634 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@MichiganGirl24:  This is hilarious. DH and I are “pro one-child-only”, so we’ll see.

That being said, if we aren’t able to have kids, we are totally cool with that. We have two dogs and two cats and already feel complete now.

Post # 10
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@SparkleBee11:  Haha I thought the same while reading through them. Made me want to have a baby even more lol!

Post # 11
641 posts
Busy bee

I go back and forth on kids. I do like being able to focus on me and my wants… But at the safry time, I LIKE kids.

What I absolutely don’t like… Are babies. Adoption, yo. Babies are weird and gross and look like they have an old man’s head on a pug’s body.

Post # 12
2355 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Bracelet00:  I love babies and toddlers, but my love for children slowly declines until I reach what is pretty much hate at teenagers. So, for me, my anti-children logic consists of reminding myself that they’re only cute and squeezable for a few years.

Post # 13
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

If being able to own designer clothing is a reason for someone to not want a baby then it’s best that they don’t have kids anyways.  I want 1, FI wants 2 or 3.  I’m hoping that once he sees how much work they are he’ll only want 1 too.  And I’m with MsW-to-MrsM that teenagers suck.  Hopefully I won’t hate my own as much simply because they’re mine.

Post # 15
2087 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@MichiganGirl24:  We are in the exact same situation. We are 31 and 38 and neither of us have a burning desire for kids. I am afraid though that one day we will be really old and lonely and wish we had them. I dunno…we’ll figure it out I guess. Our parents would be heartbroken if we didn’t but you can’t have kids just because someone else would like to see it happen. 

Post # 16
4072 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@MsW-to-MrsM:  Boarding school! I love babies and I love elementary school kids. Teenagers? I don’t want to touch one with a ten foot pole. Boarding school sounds like an awesome idea for both parties. Limit your time together, and parent and child may both come out unscathed!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors