3 Ballerina Tea is no joke – I think I just lost 45lbs

posted 3 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
920 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

oh my gosh. that sounds miserable! i often get… backed up… so i think something like that would actually help. however i don’t have hours to sit on the toilet.

Post # 4
920 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

also, LOL at this amazon review:

3.0 out of 5 stars Butt-pocalypse, May 23, 2013

This review is from: 3 Ballerina Tea – Dieters Tea – 18 bags (Misc.)
Ok, so this stuff works. Well. Too well. I brewed my cup 1/2 as long as it said, dumped out half, and filled the rest of the cup with water. Essentially, that meant I was taking in 1/4 the “normal” amount.

I spent the next 1.5 days on the toilet. No joke, I seriously couldn’t leave the bathroom. I thought I was going to die. I can’t promise that YOU won’t.
I made my husband buy me gatorade because I felt so dehydrated. I debated going to the hospital.
A few days after it was over, I felt wonderful and energetic for the next 2-3 weeks. It cleared out EVERYthing.

It also was NOT worth it at all. I’ll never touch this stuff again.
I might switch it with Twinings tea bags and hand it out to people I hate on April fools day. I also might go to jail when it kills them.

Post # 5
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@FleeSircus:  LOL No because I’d heard of that issue before! But my friend went to China and brought me back some green tea… only I really don’t think it was just green tea cause holy hell. 

Post # 8
8025 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

I haven’t had that brand but yes I’ve had senna tea and it’s umm…. Effective. 

Post # 9
8025 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

also: if you’re backed up and don’t want buttpocalypse Kombucha does wonders. 

Post # 10
3389 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@BurlapnLace:  OMG! Those reviews are hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Starbursts have this effect on me

Post # 12
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

That review is hilarious, but the name of the tea kinda bothers me. Just as long as everyone understands that laxatives hit the large intestine AFTER you’ve already absorbed all the calories (so it doesn’t stop you from gaining weight from what you eat, or cause weight loss beyond the water and fecal matter you lose) have at it. We all need some help now and then getting things… Cleared up… Then again, cocaine also has that effect, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea!

Post # 14
536 posts
Busy bee

Yikes.  I’d suggest taking some powder magnesium if you’re just trying to keep regular. Works a treat.

Post # 15
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@FleeSircus:  I’d like to see those journal articles. Since you cannot link to any, I did a quick google scholar search to try to find them and see if newer studies refuting the previous knowledge base but all that came up were numerous journal articles supporting what is standard medical knowledge which is that senna and other laxatives do not prevent calorie absorbtion, or do so extremely minimally, but that laxative abuse is strongly associated with eating disorders and can be dangerous. I asked my parents, both physicians, and FI, who is a medical student, and they confirmed that physiologically it doesn’t make sense for senna to disrupt calorie absorption, as it works lower on the digestive tract than calorie absorption. So given that, like I said, I’d be fascinated to read those articles.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors