(Closed) 3 Bridesmaids, 0 Groomsmen.

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
864 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@littleowlivia:  I think its weird you didn’t talk about this before you asked anyone to be your bridesmaids, but no I don’t think there is anything wrong with your fiance not wanting to have groomsmen.

Post # 4
6745 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

i think it’s his choice.. i know people who didn’t have a party.. i think it’s kinda weird that you don’t want the girls standing with you if they’re going to be walking down the aisle.. i read somewhere on these boards that its common for southerners to pick their dad as best man.. so let him have what he wants, i dont think it’s weird – everyones different!

Post # 5
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

The last wedding I attended had 8 bridesmaids and 0 groomsmen.  The groom didn’t want to have to choose only 8 of his friends lol.  Nobody questioned anything, and the wedding was a BLAST!! 🙂

Post # 6
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

this is exactly what we are doing. his dad is his best man and i have 3 bridesmaids. they will all be standing with me. and all will walk alone.

Post # 7
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I think it’s fine if he just wants his dad that what he gets.

Post # 8
17 posts
  • Wedding: August 2013

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I may end up going the same route… my HTB is from Egypt, we will be marrying here in Canada and he won’t know people yet.

HOWEVER, I did come up with this idea: I’m asking the spouses/significant others of my Maid/Matron of Honor and 2 Bridesmaids to be groomsmen, and two of my cousins (siblings) will be a bridesmaid/groomsman pair.

There are no rules, so have him do what he wants!

Post # 9
17 posts

Laughing Yep, i agree with others. Nothing serious. Just follow his choice. Best regards for you!!

The topic ‘3 Bridesmaids, 0 Groomsmen.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors