3 days and the feeling is starting…

posted 3 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@acfulhorst:  I dealt with anxiety for a long time. Try downloading some guided meditation (relaxing meditation) and put it on your iPod. Go in your room lay on your bed and put the headphones on. 

Tell your SO that you need 25 miN so no one interrupts you. 

I promise it helps 

Post # 5
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@acfulhorst:  lol awww.. I have three weeks and it drives me NUTS that everyone keeps asking if I’m excited. It’s like, hello?? Would you like to trigger my anxiety any more? Sometimes I wish I’d just picked a city hall wedding to reduce the stress.

Anyhoo – here are my go-tos to distract me and keep me calm:

1. Yoga – especially evening classes where the lights are dim. If you’ve never done it, do something really light like gentle hatha or restorative. 

2. Reading – I find I can’t focus on anything else when I’m reading (or playing piano)

3. Get into a series or a long movie – same reason as above.

And if all else fails, I just focus on a time just past the time I’m stressed about (like when you arrive on your honeymoon or wake up the next morning). It helps remind me there’s light at the end of the tunnel and that the stress is temporary.

Good luck!! It’s going to be lovely 🙂

Post # 6
3341 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I was totally there last week! I didn’t sleep much, either! I took ZzQuil at night and it was a god send. Some breathing exercised helped, as did some visual imagery (like the one where you imagine you are holding lots of balloons I stress and you let them go one at a time). Listening to music was good (but only calm stuff), and I drank a lot of wine 😉 

enjoy your day! Mine was the best day of my life 🙂

Post # 9
6017 posts
Bee Keeper

@acfulhorst:  I’m right there with you. Everytime my FI tells me how excited he is (which I love hearing!) I get a little nervous feeling. Not that I’m not excited, but I hate being in the spotlight so that makes me nervous. I’ve also been having trouble sleeping, my legs have been restless and twitchy…which is a normal occurance for me but not an every night thing like it has been this week. The fact that my hair and makeup stylist are telling me they need to start at 10/11am when my ceremony starts at 4:30 also freaks me out. I hate getting my hair done and having to sit still for long periods so I’m dreading this portion of the day.

Post # 11
1696 posts
Bumble bee

@acfulhorst:  Oh. Thank you for posting this. I was sitting here with a minor anxiety attack forming, head swimming and full of nerves and for some reason I couldn’t figure out why.

I cannot wait until Monday night once travel is done, the wedding is done and I can finally sleep again.

Post # 12
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

can i just say my wedding isn’t until february and reading this thread gave me that pit in my stomach!!!

good luck everyone, you’re almost in the clear 🙂

Post # 14
40 posts
Newbee

Wedding is Sunday: I’m sick; he’s sick; a bunch of our friends are sick. Apparently this is the week that cold and flu season started in our city. Sigh. But! On Monday it will be all over and I’ll never have to care about this stuff again! And we get to go on our honeymoon and have a week to ourselves. So I’m going to just think about that and not care about which of my dad’s cousins will be around for formal pictures….

Post # 15
2319 posts
Buzzing bee

@acfulhorst:  I’m the same way. I also have been having racing thoughts and an upset stomach. I’m just glad I’m off from work for the (next) two days leading up to the wedding.

@hollyberry4:  I love the wine idea! 😉

Post # 16
2115 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve been taking my Klonopin every day… I usually only need it once or twice a month.

And I’ve been horseback riding more often than normal — it’s the ONLY TIME when everything else disappears.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors