3 days away, and I want to quit…

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
534 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@krex:  That does sound really stressful. 

I don’t recommend serving dinner late at your reception.  Would it be the worst thing to take pics when your guests can see you?  It might actually be more fun than you imagine to have people watching your photo shoot.  I know you’re saying it’s just in a big room but can’t you have the photos taken in front of wherever you’re getting married?  (There must be something decorated for where your ceremony is, right?)

Post # 4
1793 posts
Buzzing bee

Can  you find a different MUA – that seems to be the problem here.  I agree that you shouldn’t serve dinner late.

If you can find a different MUA (can you go to the MAC counter?) and get your make up done earlier it would be worth it to save your schedule.

Did you just find out about her schedule?  Did you have a time set for her when you selected  her and she has changed it?  Can you talk to  her at all and tell her that her schedule is literally messing your entire day up?

Post # 5
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think it only took us 20 minutes to get ready, and I got 40-50 “getting ready” photos!

Post # 6
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Girl, you need to rearrange that schedule. Is there anywhere else you can do your makeup? That’s #1. If you can get that changed, it’s going to give you more breathing room. Don’t serve dinner late! 

I know a lot of people are adamantly against this, but have you thought of doing a first look? I’m not kidding you, it is the #1 best thing I did at my wedding. I was a freaking nervous wreck, and that first look was amazing. It was the most tender moment for me and my husband, we got some amazing photos, and we were able to knock out ALL formal photos before the ceremony — win, win. We had our ceremony, and went straight into the reception — everyone loved it, and it went so smoothly. 

Don’t think it’s too late to rearrange things. It’s not. I changed a million things the MORNING of my wedding — times, locations, I just did it. I didn’t stress about it, I just did it. And while it wasn’t PERFECT (my mom remembered to bring the boutineers to the photo location, but not the bouquets!), it all went fine and although we ended up running a bit late, nobody was starving or bored while we were taking pictures between ceremony/reception. 

Regardless of what you do, you are allowed to rearrange things. In fact, it seems like you must. Don’t lose your motivation now! You’re going to get MARRIED! You’ve been planning this day for TWO YEARS! You’ve got this 🙂 

Post # 7
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Tybee Island, GA

Girl believe me, i think thats what the wedding is for to stress the bride out, so in the end she sees all the months and months of planning; doesnt even matter. You’ll be married in 4 days:)

(or at least thats what i’m hoping)
I, also, am getting married in 3 days… our schedule is hecktic! Good luck bee

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors