(Closed) 3 Days Out Zit HELP!

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Neutrogena “On the spot” works great for me. Comes in a little small tube and it’s not too expensive. But I like it because it has benzoyl peroxide but in a smaller concentration than other acne spot treatments, so it doesn’t dry out your skin quite as much as those.

If you get it I recommend putting on a pretty thick layer of that a few times a day until it dries out. But be careful not to get it on the unaffected skin, just the zit! Or else it dries your skin out a little.

Post # 4
62 posts
Worker bee

Any cream or ointment with benzoyl peroxide should do the trick! Good luck!

Post # 5
2743 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

If its really bad call your GP you can have a small steroid shot.

Post # 6
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

Pure tea tree oil a couple times a day. Make sure to moisturize as well shortly after to not dry out your skin too much!

Post # 7
5160 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: San Francisco City Hall

I recently discovered and fell in love with MyChelle Clear Skin Serum.  It works incredibly well.  I’ve read that niacinamide (vitamin B3) and lavender oil quickly diminishes blemishes.  Both of these ingredients are in the Clear Skin Serum.

Post # 8
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@mchitt329:  Leave it alone. If it’s below the surface there’s little you can do. Go to the dermatologist and get a cortisone shot.

Post # 9
4891 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

–> wrap an ice cub in a paper towel and ice the zit for a few mins. Then stop touching it, irritating it just makes it worse. Use a pimple cream on it overnight. 

Post # 10
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Eye drops work well to make it less red and shrink it.

Post # 11
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Sleep with toothpaste on it! Cleanses and dries it out!

Post # 12
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Call your dermatologist. They can inject it.

Post # 13
2546 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MinnesotanInDC:  +1!

I swear by the toothpaste route! Wash your face, and on clean skin put a dab of toothpaste directly on top of the pimple and sleep on it. Works like a charm!

Post # 14
958 posts
Busy bee

+1 on just go to the dermatologist. It’s not worth trying 100 different things and getting it more irritated when a derm can inject it and it will be gone in no time.

Post # 15
2971 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

i agree with the ice and eye drops ideas. they both help with redness and swelling. i’ve done the toothpaste thing too and it also seems to help. mint julep mask works really well too! but if your pimple is below the skin, there’s not much that can be done 🙁

Post # 16
2287 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Central Park

A cream with Benzoyl Peroxide (1-2%) applied a few times a day plus an oil free moisturizer at night. Alternating hot and cold compresses helps too. The heat breaks up bacteria clogs and the cold reduces swelling. If it doesn’t get better a dermatologist can give you a cortisone shot to reduce inflammation. Don’t forget about make-up and photoshop, your MUA and photog can make you flawless even if you have a pimple.

The topic ‘3 Days Out Zit HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors