(Closed) 3 groomsmen, 1 MOH, 1 bridesmaid, and a Bridesman?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

He should wear black; most guys can’t pull off actual colors, and most mens’ suits will look like either 1976 or a pimp suit if done in burgundy.

I’d have the “extra” fellas each walk down solo, but that’s just me.

Post # 4
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I actually have 1 MOH, 2 bridesmaids and 1 bridesman. My fiance has 1 BM and 3 GM. As far as walking down the isle situation – our planner suggested to have everyone walk 1 at a time. Not in pairings or groups. This avoids the whole having two guys who aren’t ushers walk together down an isle. 

We’re having a jewish ceremony and only the parent’s will be standing with us in the Chuppah. Sending everyone on their own actually prolongs the processional – which I thought was nice. We’ve waited so long to get married – why rush everyone down the isle? 

As far as photo’s go – ya I’d love to have it symetrical and even, but at the end of the day the people I choose to be my BM’s are the people that were and still are there for me no matter what. And as much as Im a stickler for evenness in photos, I think the sentiment is more important. Id rather look at my wedding photos and think “these were the people closest to me”. 

As far as clothing going – my BM’s are wearing pink with silver/diamond jewelry. Men are all in tuxedos with custom tailored shirts and bow ties my fiance had made for all the guys – including my 1 BridesMan. And to seem more matching with my girls rather than my FI’s guy, my bridesman is going to have a floral pendant that’s unique to him in the same colors/flowers as my girls flowers. That way it almost says “he’s on our side” in a subtle way. 

Post # 5
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

My wedding party is my MOH, bridesmaid and my “bridesdude.” He’s actually standing on my fiance’s side, although that wasn’t the original plan. I think you should have your bridesdude wear the same outfit as the groomsmen.

Post # 9
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have 2 moh’s ( my sisters ) 2 bm’s and a “bridesman”. He has 2 bestmen, and 3 gm. My brides man is going to stand on my side. He’s going to wear the same as all the boys. I didn’t want too many looks so I thought that was the best choice for us. For walking, I think the groomsmen and my guy will walk out with FI, then the bm’s will walk alone. Or, I’ll have two groups with 2 guys and a girl then just 3 pairs. Haha it does get a little complicated having different numbers of guys and girls I think. But its all giod

Post # 10
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

The title of your post is my exact bridal party–literally I’m having 3 groomsmen, 1 MOH, 1 BM and 1 bridesman.  So you are definitely not alone in this!  I don’t have any advice as I’m still trying to hammer out the details myself but I am curious as to what others are doing/have done in the past. 

Post # 11
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I had a guy in my wedding party. He  wore he same black tux as the groomsmen, and walked in with my sister. My I also think everything symetrical and matchy matchy looks so 1980’s so I wouldn’t even worry about the pics. My BM’s wore red, so I did buy him red socks from urban outfitters, and a black fedora. non of the other guys wore hats.

Post # 15
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Why do people feel they need to have the same number of BM and GM?  If you really want those people to share in your day with you, then you should absolutely include them, but I can’t say I’m a fan of asking people to be part of your wedding party just so that the numbers are even.  

Also, there is absolutelly nothing wrong with having a guy friend stand with you on your side, but he should wear the same thing as the groomsmen.  Maybe a different boutinere to distinguish himself?

Post # 16
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m having 3 bridemaids, and my fiance is having 2 groomsmen and a groomschick. She’s wearing the same thing as the bridesmaids. I think your bridesdude should wear black — I can’t imagine a burgundy suit that wouldn’t look terrible!

The topic ‘3 groomsmen, 1 MOH, 1 bridesmaid, and a Bridesman?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors