(Closed) 3 kids is not an even number, now what?

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

why does it matter if the table is “unbalanced?”

Post # 4
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

yeah it ‘s not going to look weird .. it’s just one person ..

Post # 5
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’ve never counted the people at the head table to look for an even number.  Many wedding parties have different numbers of bridesmaids and groomsmen.  I’d say put the people you want there, regardless of balance.

Post # 6
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Don’t think it matters one bit if its unbalanced. I think its best to include them all.

Post # 7
1696 posts
Bumble bee

Does the little girl have any great-grandparents? Or venerable-but-doting great-grandaunts? If you can honour a special matriarch or patriarch from your husbands family by seating them at the head table, and incidentally saddling them with the problem of cutting the little girl’s meat for her and mopping up any spills, you can get two extra benefits out of balancing your table that way.

Post # 8
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My head table is going to have 13 people, which is not only odd but to superstitious people very unlucky 🙂  (obviously I’m not superstitious haha)

Post # 9
110 posts
Blushing bee

Nobody is going to look at the table and say “Well, that looks so unbalanced, how dare they do that at thier wedding.”  Let the Flower Girl sit at the head table like she deserves.

Post # 10
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

We had a table of 13 too (and I didn’t second guess myself one time about it)!  Our ring-bearer’s and flowergirl sat with a family member because they were younger, but our jr. bridesmaid sat with us at the head table.  I don’t think you have anything to worry about! 

The topic ‘3 kids is not an even number, now what?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors