(Closed) 3 month planning time?

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@givemecouture:  3 months is doable! I watched my coworker do a wedding in 3 months last spring. I would say be really diligent with securing your venue because everything should kind of flow from there. And often times venues will give you a discount at such a short notice if they had that date open. It’s because they’d rather have discounted business than no business, lol.

When I was at the bridal salon the owner told me a girl had come to get a dress for her wedding…which was only two weeks away! It’s possible for you to get one 2 months before. You might just have to look a little harder, or maybe settle on something beautiful that doesn’t need alterations.

I think as long as you give yourself a handful of tasks each week, you should be able to pull this off very nicely. I actually may end up being in the same boat as you. We have been engaged for a year and had already started planning, but we scrapped those plans and have been brainstorming for a while now. We don’t have much time til the date we wanted, so we will probably end up putting something together very quickly like you, or eloping! Good luck!

Post # 4
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We’re doing ours in 4 months, and that’s with getting a dress that needs alterations.  I’m sure you can pull it off.  Invitations can take a little time if you order fancy ones, but we ordered ours from VistaPrint, and they arrived in about a week. We’re sending them out this weekend, which is 2 months before the wedding.

I don’t understand how some people have these 2-year long engagements. I think I’d go crazy having to think about wedding plans for that long!

Post # 5
7468 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I’m planning my wedding in less than one month. I already had my dress and venue though. We didn’t send out formal invitations because there isn’t time. We set up a wedding website where people could RSVP and sent out links to it with an explanation as to why we had to move our wedding up.

I’m not sure if 3 months is enough time to order a wedding dress and have it altered. I kind of doubt that it is.

The topic ‘3 month planning time?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors