(Closed) 3 months later and still NO wedding pictures! :(

posted 5 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

That’s a tough one, because you want to give her the benifit of the doubt everytime she says she ‘will post them next Friday’. Just keep onto her, constantly so she has no excuse to ‘forget’ to send them.

Maybe give it another month of constantly bugging her and then see if you can take it further legally. It might also be a good idea to start email her so you have it all in writing as to how much you have been following it up. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that but just in case.

Good luck!

Post # 4
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Hbomb84:  I agree with the PP that you want to give the photographer the benefit of doubt, so I would give her another month then pursue perhaps legal action if necessary. Was it promised in the contract? It seems unusual that she quotes a month but it has been 3 months. Maybe she should have said 3 months in the contract? But it did say give her additional time for the holidays so maybe that is why she isn’t done with them yet? I would be point blank with her say that it has been almost 4 months since your wedding and people are wanting pictures and when does realistically think she will be done editing your wedding pictures. 🙂 Good luck and hope you get your pictures soon! And I would keep documentation of what she has been telling you. 

Post # 5
12250 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hopefully everything will work itself out in the next month!

Post # 6
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would be annoyed. We got our DVD about two months after the wedding. It took quite a bit longer to get our album, but I was happy once we had the DVD.

If you were supposed to have it in six weeks, I don’t see anything wrong with checking in regularly, as long as you’re nice about it. I’ve found that photographers sometimes need gentle nudging, but it’s important to stay calm and be patient with them because they do tend to have a lot on their plates at any given time.

Post # 7
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t have a ton of advice because it’s been 6 months and I still haven’t received any pictures from my wedding reception (she sent the other wedding pictures to me 4 months after the wedding). My photographer has been ignoring all of my emails and I paid her $3000 in full before the wedding so I feel like I don’t have a whole lot of leverage besides going the legal route. I can relate to you though because I’m friends with her on facebook and see her promoting her new business and having fun date nights all the time – must be nice to have such a great social life while ignoring the contract we had signed over a year ago. I wish you luck and I think your best bet is to politely suggest to her that you will persue things legally if you have to..that at least got mine to reply to me.

Post # 8
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We didn’t get our until exactly 12 weeks. I didn’t read the entire thread but what did your contract say?

Post # 9
1564 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

This happened to me except I just got my pictures yesterday and we got married on September 7. Soooo we waited 6 months. I would say have patience and ask for discounts for the longer than expected wait. We are getting a free canvas print and 40% off of any prints we make.

Post # 10
11343 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I understand your frustration.  I paid in full in advance also, and it took me NINE MONTHS to receive my wedding video that I was told I would receive in “about a month.”

I called. I e-mailed. I left voice mails. When I did end up connecting with the videographer, he explained how busy he was and that he was working on it but that things were very difficult in his life (issues with his computer systems/editing equipment, family crises, financial problems, etc.)

I had, and still have, sympathy for his difficulties, but I was quite worried that I would never see a video, and I was hoping against hope that he hadn’t somehow lost or damaged it.  I even had to involve my venue, which had recommended the videographer to me.  I am thankful that, after involving the powers-that-be at my venue, I finally did receive the finished product. Although it was a good product, there were some important and special things that were not included, and he promised to send them to me at a later date, but I never heard from him again. The whole process was so stressful.

Post # 11
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I would try to give her the benefit of the doubt since the holidays were after your wedding. I agree with PP that you should wait another month. . . try gently nudging the photographer. Kindly keep reminding her that you’ve been patiently waiting, but so are your guests. If you don’t get anything, I would try to pursue some sort of legal action. . . maybe reporting to the BBB. Sometimes even threatening legal action helps get their butts in gear! Good luck!

Post # 12
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

UGH this exact situation happened to me. I was married mid Oct & just got my files 2 weeks ago. 18 weeks. Drove me craaazy! I had to threaten to dispute the charges, & file civil suit. I hope you don’t have to go that far, but you do have those options : (

The topic ‘3 months later and still NO wedding pictures! :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors