3 months of marital bliss and getting baby fever!

posted 2 years ago in Babies
Post # 2
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stevens Estate

Skittles131:  I totally feel ya. We just got married and all my friends/family are having babies. I found out at my wedding that one friend was pregnant..lol. I know we want at least one baby and were not getting any younger so it’s soon or never. Now that the wedding is done this is going to be my new thing to look forward too. 

Post # 3
332 posts
Helper bee

Skittles131:  We are dying to have a child for the same reasons that you mentioned. However, we both are currently pouring all of our money into savings to get it the highest it’s ever been, tweaking our home to get it “just right” pre-baby and also travelling as much as we possibly can… At least for the next year, anyway. At that point, we decided we will stop preventing pregnancy (though not really tracking ovulation or anything). If after 6 months or so we still aren’t pregnant, then we will start actually making a real effort to try. So, we have about the same timeline as you guys!

We are financially, mentally and emotional ready now. However, we also know chances are low that we will not ever regret doing any of those things I mentioned above. We could, however, regret not having done them. So, those reasons alone have trumped our desire to hurry into baby-making. 

Post # 4
4043 posts
Honey bee

Skittles131:  I am afraid to admit that I am starting to feel this way. It’s crazy, I was always dead certain I would wait until 30 to start trying and have no problem waiting. But we have been married just over a year and I am currently 26. We just finished building our first home in June and we are both in stable careers. I think this new sense of stability has somehow kicked baby fever into overdrive.

We definitely won’t start TTC soon, but baby fever has started to kick in. Originally, I was think 5-7 years after getting married, but I don’t know if I can wait that long. I just talked with DH the other night and we both agreed that 3 years might be more ideal. We still want to pay down our student loans, have more money saved and go on a few more trips. 

So we are not there yet, but I definitely know the feeling of all the sudden being smacked in the face with baby fever out of no where! Good luck though with your future TTC efforts.

Post # 5
1147 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Skittles131:  I joined charters of the hive, purchased taking charge of your fertility and downloaded the fertility friend app. I also “invested” in some wondofo ovulation prediction tests so I could seriously start tracking my cycles. By the time we were ready to TTC i had my cycle dialed in, new when i would ovulate, knew that my LP was sufficient, had seen my temps spike after O, etc. It was super helpful for me to know that everything appeared to be in working order leading up to our actual start date. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors