3 months out and my dress still isn't here? Can't get hold of shop?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I would definitely be visiting the store seeing as they are not responding through other methods of communication ! How worrying for you . Have you looked at any recent reviews for the company to see if others have had any issues ? Hope it gets sorted 

Post # 4
4927 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

iliketurtles:  Absolutely go down there. It’s not overkill at all. You need to know what’s going on! I’d go down ASAP. 

Post # 5
41820 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

iliketurtles:  If its a local store I am baffled why you haven’t just gone to the store to see what’s going on.

Post # 6
1990 posts
Buzzing bee

Um, yeah, get off the computer and march on over there right now. If you can’t, have a friend. Hell, hire someone off Craigslist!

Post # 7
1242 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

iliketurtles:  Go down there! If you feel like its too much, stop in and say “I was in the area and thought I’d stop in to see if you’ve received my dress”. THey can’t ignore you if you’re there!

Post # 9
1377 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

iliketurtles:  I’m getting my dress from a smaller local shop as well. They have one person looking at emails, and they aren’t always super duper prompt with emails, but they’re very quick with calls.

I’m with PP here – I’m confused too why you haven’t already stopped into their store and questioned what’s up with the dress? 

Edit – just saw your update post. Definitely a good idea to pop out of work early one day for this!

Post # 10
2738 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I wouldn’t be so worried about the dress as you should be that the store employees have gone MIA! that’s crazy that they don’t answer their phone. I would just pop in their, like the other poster said. 3 months is plenty of time for alterations. I got my dress 1 week before my wedding and picked it up from alterations, all ready to go, the night before my wedding.  Not that I suggest doing it that way…just saying that it can be done…and not to worry. Just be sure to get to the bottom of everything by the end of this week or next week. But it sounds like it’s a reputable business,  so I’m sure things will work out great for you.

Post # 11
155 posts
Blushing bee

Omg that’s scary! Pop in this week and let us know what they say about why they’ve been absent. I hope everything is okay.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors