3 months out and stressed!!! What expenses do I Sacrifice??

posted 2 years ago in Money
Post # 2
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

is your transport necessary? is it just for bridal party or for guests? I’d be cutting that first, and look at cheaper options (even if less glamorous…)… You could do your own makeup (and hair if you were feeling adventorous) with some online tutorials… likewise you can DIY flowers, but this may not cut costs all that much and can add a lot of stress that just isn’t worth it.

If you havent alreay found the site, have a look at apracticalwedding.com – I’ve found it really useful for pointing out cheaper/better alternatives for lots of things, but also explaining why things like fancy transport (for example) arent necessary for your big day…

Post # 3
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Oh, how I remember those days….. I feel for you… Here is my perception, don’t stress over it, if you havent already committted to your guest that you will provide transportation , then cut it, if it is not a requirement.  Do you have a friend who is a makeup artist perhaps they will gift it for you.  My suggestion is call a cosmetology school and set up an appointment, perhaps you can find someone who does a good job as a student and will do your makeup for a fraction of the cost.  Visit the Mac counter at your local mall and see if their is an artist who will do it.  Also are you trying to provide makeup for your entire bridal party?  If so, scratch that and just do it for yourself.  

In my opinion you already have everythig you need for an awesome day… and to be honest, nobody is going to care whether you did your makeup or you had it professionally done, the day will go by so fast. So if it were me, I wouldnt spend another dime.

Plus have you factored in all of your mailing cost with stamps and printing of your invitations, I didn’t see that mentioned.

Someting that really helped me and my husband was to just take a week away from talking or doing anything wedding related… it gave us a new perspective.

Post # 4
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Tarp Chapel

Hair: Cosmetology school, or online bridal hair tutorials.

Makeup: DIY, or cosmetology school, or MAC counter

Transportation: Cut that, that is just too much.

Center Pieces: Dollar Tree all you can!

Fresh Flowers: Find a tech school that offers a flower decor/ horticulture class and have them do bouquets, coursages, etc. I know that DIYing them would be a huge stress factor.

You will get through this! 🙂 Deep breaths.

Post # 5
1236 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - San Francisco, CA

Can you do your own makeup?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors