3 months out, I'm over it.

posted 3 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@cbco:  I’m September and my Fi and I are definitely over it! Every day people ask how the planning, do I need help, is everything booked, bla bla bla. Ugh

Post # 4
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@cbco:  yep, I definitely am over it. I even said to my dad the other day that I think a 16-month engagement is/was just a few months too long. The whole wedding is starting to lose its charm. I’m the same as you – I am over the moon, super excited to marry the love of my life! But lately I’ve been wishing it was October 21st and the two of us could be leaving for our honeymoon. The latest stressor: my mom keeps adding people to the guest list! We’re already at 218, and she’s adding more. Granted, she and my dad are paying, but still! Chill lady! Haha

Hang in there. It will be over before you know it, and who knows, maybe you’ll miss all of this wedding planning chaos. (I probably won’t, but who knows!) Best of luck to you with all of this craziness. 

Post # 6
72 posts
Worker bee

@cbco:  I’m so with you! How frustrating that your officiant piked on you – thats got to be stressful! I’m a 12th Oct bride… and yes, things keep falling through (maybe its ‘that time’ in planning?) – my band fell through, tables and chairs I had booked fell through, DIY projects are more like DIY fails. AND 2 groomsmen dropped out!

Its hard to keep a positive mind frame during all of this, and some points it makes you feel like you’re going nuts! And believe it or not, people telling you things like “Oh it’ll be ok, you’ll look back and laugh one day” just makes you want to deliver them a hearty uppercut – because at the time it DOESNT feel like its going to be ok!!

Post # 8
72 posts
Worker bee

@cbco:  HAHAH i know what you mean about wedding crap – my poor FI has no safe place… every flat surface has centrepiece trials, every fan has a lantern hanging from it, and i have a spare room that should feature in Hoarders. That totally sucks about your bridesmaid, its a bit heart breaking when you get to that point… but i mean really, bridesmaids are EXPENSIVE to have, and if their heart isnt in it then its just not worth it.

Post # 9
1773 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It gets better! I was sooo over the planning several months ago,, I hate spending so much money, so much time, so many decisions, sheeeeesh!! But knowing I’m marrying the love of my life next month made everything feel better… It’s almost over! I believe the day will be worth all of the stress and money!

Post # 10
6028 posts
Bee Keeper

@cbco:  I’ve been over it for a couple months now lol. My venue was sold (fine now, but I was freakin out for awhile), my florist bailed (got a new one that’s great!), my invitations maker went MIA (she still is but I filed a claim with AMEX and got someone else to do them), and just found out that my hairstylist’s due date conflicts with my wedding (she got someone else to fill in for her but I haven’t seen the new girl’s work so I’m kinda of nervous). Oh and just found out that my MOH can’t make my Bridal Shower because her FI’s brother is getting married that day and she didn’t know about it until after we planned the shower. So yeah, I’m effing over it. Everything has worked out but it was really stressful for a couple months and I’m just a little bitter that some people go through the whole process, and in less time than me, and don’t have any problems. Yet, I plan and research and things just keep going wrong. But at least we’re close enough that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Post # 11
233 posts
Helper bee

@cbco:  I totally hear you. Im 53 days out and Ive been over it for awhile. I thought my fiance was crazy to have first suggested we elope. But now…goodness, I shuold have been ALL for it. Nothing has gone terribly wrong, just the expense, stress and details are all piling up and its alot. I am just ready to get the day over, stop worrying about such small things, be married to the man of my dreams and go on our honeymoon!! 🙂

Post # 12
233 posts
Helper bee

@cbco:  Im with you on this. I have 7 bridesmaids, who all were SO gung ho about helping and I have not been able to get ANY of them to help me, even when Ive asked for it. Its annoying 🙁

Post # 13
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@cbco:  Yep, I’m a September 1st bride, and I’m OVER IT.  Only 53 days out, and I am just DONE…I’m sick of agonizing over every single little detail, 24/7!  I would like to think about something else, for a change.  I had a 15-month engagement, and that is a lot of months to be thinking about ONE thing, every minute of every day.  Time for it to be over, now, so we can go on our awesome honeymoon and just frigging RELAX!  Haha.

I’m sorry that you seem to have run into so many roadblocks.  Ugh.  Thankfully, that isn’t something I’ve experienced…so I can’t even imagine how much MORE frustrated I would be, if that were the case.  You will find a new officiant, and it will work itself out…these things always do.  But still, I sympathize!  Hang in there, lady!  🙂  I bet it will all be worth it in the end.

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2007

Is there any room in the budget to hire a wedding planner? some of the smaller start ups list on craigslist ad you can get a good deal and they can build their portfolio. It sound like you don’t have the time to fool with all the mess. A planner can make your life easier. The frustration is normal when planning your own wedding. I planned my own and tried to take on too much and I spent most of my wedding frustrated and stressed out. Looking back I wish I would have delegated responsibilities to other vendors or family I coudl trust.

Post # 15
1599 posts
Bumble bee

@IzzyBear:  date twins! And I’m over it too.  We have SO SO SO much left to do and FI is in the process of switching jobs and taking a 14 day vacation without me, I have a a bachelorette party and wedding to attend, plus a huge annual party with his family (200+ people, first time being with all of them being engaged) so my available weekends are quickly dwindling. I dont have a hair person or anything yet. I’m sucking at this.  We are thisclose to saying screw it and eloping. THISCLOSE

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors