(Closed) 3 months out — too late to hire a DOC?

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
596 posts
Busy bee

I had one of my super reliable and organized best friends act as my DOC and it worked out really well!  Our wedding was small so she didn’t have to do too much and she was still able to enjoy herself.  But it was helpful to have someone keep track of time, help set up, and take care of all the little things that I couldn’t exactly do in my ginormous white dress.

Not sure if 3 months out is too late to hire a DOC, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to ask.  Good luck!

Post # 4
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

As a DOC, I’ve had clients book me about one month in advance for my services.  I think there are a lot of DOC’s out there that are just starting out, and really flexible.  So definitely look around, and I’m sure you’ll be able to get someone (if you decide to).  I think Craigslist is a great place to start too!  Good luck!

Post # 5
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Both of my sisters had DOC’s for their weddings(actually the same girl) and said it was the best decision they made and didn’t know how the day would have run without her. She was kind of expensive but was on top of all of the mini catastrophes taht you dont think about.

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I hired a DOC about 3 months out as well…I was starting to worry that I would have to take care of all the little issues of the day and I decided that I did not want to do that!  So I did my research, emailed a bunch of DOCs in the area (Massachusetts and New Hampshire) and finally found one in my price range…since April is still considered an off-season month, she said she could do it for $85/hour…and that’s with an assistant!  So I’ve hired her for 5 hours and though my wedding is next Saturday, so far she’s been great with questions and minor emergencies.  I think she’ll be well-worth the money…piece of mind is priceless!!  Good luck!

The topic ‘3 months out — too late to hire a DOC?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors