(Closed) 3 months to plan a destination/elopement

posted 8 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi! We did not plan in three months  – we are planning in about 9mos – but I think that you could do it. We are having our wedding at a resort in MX, which makes planning super easy. It’s not all inclusive, but they do offer a wedding planner for free. I’ve been able to customize everything for our wedding for 30. 

I’d recommend checking with large hotels in the area to see if any of them DO offer wedding pkgs, one might. Otherwise, I would hired a wedding planner. Seriously. They will be able to arrange your vendors, which will be important since you won’t be in Austin and may not have much time to do interviews and such. 

good luck! it can be done! 🙂

Post # 4
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We’ve planned in 9, but 3 months is totally doable. Try to find a venue that does most of the work for you. AND- did you see Bethenny?? She did a wedding at the Four Seasons in 4 weeks! Anything’s possible. Don’t get stressed- enjoy this time!

Post # 6
40 posts
Newbee

We planned my daughter’s destination wedding in a little less than 5 months – from engagement to wedding date. So really in about 3 months after searching and selecting a location. Chartered a bus for the 22 hour ride to Miami (everyone paid for their “ticket”), 58 people boarding cruise in Miami, off at Key West for wedding, chartered bus picked us up and brought us home. Definitely doable! Delegate when possible based on people’s strengths. I gave my dad, a get the deal done salesman, the job of getting a hotel for us all the night before boarding the cruise = approx. $50 a room and a free beer and wine reception for us when we all got there in the lobby. They were so generous and awesome with our very excited crowd. Grandmas put sandwiches and snacks together for the bus trip. Dads and uncles took care of all the drinks, coolers, etc. Daugher and FI, other daughter, myself and mother in law made games and activities for the ride there and back. Family friend made DVD of daughter and FI to show on bus. Everyone else pitched in snacks and movies. We had a destination dessert open house about a month later back home. We played the DVD from the wedding and had a great time mingling, without a lot of expense since we made desserts: Key Lime Pies, Rum Cakes, festive drink-inspired cupcakes, palm tree sugar cookies, and Miami Beach cakes. I digress… You can do it. Keep it all as simple as possible. You got the dress – thats often the time killer! Let your MOH and/or bridesmaids choose their own dress in a popular color off the rack. Have guys get nice suits. Ask Bees for any good photographers (that don’t cost an arm and a leg) in the Austin area. Maybe even contact a high school yearbook teacher and see if any talented high school senior that is up and coming for photography. Planning 2nd daughter’s very large, outdoor wedding here in Indiana (they gave me 5 months as well) and I just booked a high school student (and 9 year 4H photography exibitor) to take pictures at their reception Photo Booth. Good luck and best wishes!!

The topic ‘3 months to plan a destination/elopement’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors