3 more months until Christmas!

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
5087 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

@arsing89:  Yep, I’ve already started shopping for Christmas. I love it!

Post # 4
2913 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

I got some shopping done, but not much yet. I love the holidays!!

Post # 6
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I can’t even think about Hanukkah yet, which starts the night of Thanksgiving!

Post # 7
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m actually planning on starting shopping this weekend 🙂 I love Christmas…so much more so than the “normal” person, IMO. I think this is  due to the fact that while I was still a baby, my father stopped being a Catholic and got sucked into the cult known as the Jehovas Witnesses and we never were allowed to have holidays 🙁  We weren’t allowed to celebrate our birthdays either… Oh well,…I’m VERY appreciative these days for every holiday I get to CELEBRATE!!!!!!

Post # 8
632 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@arsing89:  OMG I LOVE CHRISTMAS TOO!!  I listen to christmas music at least once a week on pandora and I have already bought a christmas present thats on my list.  I even have a spreadsheet set up for my christmas list.  Definitely my favorite time of the year – already planning how I am gonna decorate!

Post # 9
2620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

i have made two wreaths for christmas already- shopping is bout 95% done for dh’s dad side of family, 45% done for dh’s mom’s side, 65% done for hubby and kids and 90% for friends-

minus  all the baked goods for everyone- can you tell im super excited- i havent started on my side of family cause i have no idea what we are doing- secret santa, white elephant on kids under 18, only a family gift/couples gift… they usually dont tell me until thanksgiving…

Post # 10
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My FI informed me that he is completely finished with his Christmas shopping for me! I’m shocked. He isn’t the type to start so early and I can’t even believe he was thinking about xmas in September and right before our wedding when we have so many other things going on.

I havent started, but I have some ideas for him. Other people? No idea what I’m going to do for them. I’ll start when we return from our honeymoon.

Post # 11
7664 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

NO. When will people learn… no Christmas talk until at least the 1st of December.

When I am Queen of the Universe, anyone who mentions Christmas before December will be dressed up as an elf and pelted with rotten vegetables. Either that, or I will order them to dress as Santa and make them do community service.

I also find it offensive that my religious festival is now the Winter Festival of Commodified Greed. But that’s a separate issue. At least they haven’t tried to commodify Easter quite as much. Yet. Hindus and Muslims have no idea how lucky they are in that regard.

Post # 12
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My husband’s birthday is in November, and I feel like I totally overspent, so I’m moving over a couple of his gifts to Christmas, so technically I’ve started shopping for him.

For my parents and sister, I bought them each a mug from Etsy. We’re HUGE Lionel Richie fans (we’re going to see him in concert in a week!) and we love tea. I might buy each a bag of their favourite tea to put in the mug.

Post # 13
5087 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

@arsing89:  I like to buy something each week then it’s not such a big hit on December’s wage packet. Although this Christmas is going to be scaled down because of the wedding in April. I’m going to make sweet treats like truffles, to give as gifts to friends & engagement photos to my g-parents & our parents with beer/wine for Dads.

Post # 15
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I can’t WAIT! I love Christmas. I haven’t started shopping yet, though…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors