3 Registries – 1 of them is a honeymoon – Rude to Include for Shower?

posted 3 years ago in Parties
  • poll: Would you include a honeymoon registry on your shower invite?
    No - let them buy you gifts off of your actual gift registry : (17 votes)
    68 %
    Sure! give them the other option if they want! : (8 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    9859 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2014

i wouldn’t include the honeymoon registry for the shower.  My logic is that you open gifts at a shower, I think it would be a little rude listing what people purchased from the honeymoon registry as you will basically be announcing what people spent…

Post # 5
    2878 posts
    Sugar bee

To be honest I’m not comfortable with registries at all (it’s not something we’re used to having here, while on the other hand, we are used to having guest pay their meals, which is a no-no in other cultures, hehehe). But since the shower is actually meant to be for the bride, I would keep the honeymoon registry as a wedding gift option only, because it is meant for the couple. At the same time, maybe some people will give you money instead of registry items, so you can save that money for your honeymoon as well. 🙂

Post # 7
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I would probably just use the two physical registries!

Post # 9
    3 posts
    • Wedding: September 2011

Hi! My shower-throwers did include my honeymoon registry on the invite and I ended up getting a lot toward our honeymoon- which was awesome.

I don’t see why honeymoon registry would be anything different than a store registry.

You’re totally fine, no one will think anything of it!!

Post # 10
    4474 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I really don’t see it as a big deal. I just think people should relax about these kinds of things. I don’t like when people ask for money and things like that, but you’re already putting your registries on the invitation (since it’s a shower) so whatever about including the honeymoon registry. I don’t think anyone will really think badly about it.

Post # 11
    640 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I don’t think it’s a big deal. I prefer to buy a physical gift, but I think it’s a good idea to let everyone know about the honeymoon registry, b/c some people may not be able to come to the shower, but will still want to get you a gift, and it will give them more options.

Post # 12
    8483 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I would only use registeries where people can get you a physical gift.  That’s because the whole point of the shower is to open the presents.

That being said I wouldn’t be offended.  Just confused maybe.  How could I bring a physical gift (which is what is typical) from a honeymoon registry?  So I’d just use your other registeries!

Post # 13
    11604 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I wouldn’t include it.  Half the fun of showers is opening the gifts and seeing what everyone got you!  People will be able to donate to your honeyfund for the actual wedding. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors