(Closed) 3 stone enagement ring + wedding band: HELP!

posted 10 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I have a three stone e-ring. After we’re married, I’m wearing my wedding band on my left hand and my e-ring on my right. I tried on a million wedding bands and they all covered up how beautiful the e-ring setting was! So I’m splitting them up. A small diamond ring was too small, and a large diamond ring was too flashy. So in true Goldilocks form, I’m getting a plain band, no diamonds. =)

Post # 4
54 posts
Worker bee

Oh!  I’m having the same issue.  I just don’t LIKE how the bands that I’ve tried on look with my ring.  They seem to take away the beauty of the e-ring!

unfortunately, my right ring finger is just a tad bigger (i’m right handed!) than my left….so unless i want to loose my right ring finger from no circulation, that baby’s staying on the left.

Thanks for bring up this topic hokouk!  I’ve been facing the same dilema as well.

Would your prong settings prevent a wedding band from sitting flush against your e-ring?

Post # 5
45 posts
Newbee

here’s an old post from pricescope showing a 3 stone w/ a plain wedding band

and here’s one with an eternity band.

a plain or eternity band would look beautiful… just depends on how much bling you want on your finger! 

Post # 7
1061 posts
Bumble bee

My wedding planner does it, and my mom did it for many years until she "upgraded" her wedding band. I don’t think it’s weird, but I guess I’m a little biased since that’s my plan!

Post # 8
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2008

My E-ring is a three stone also and we decided to get the matching band. The wedding band has 4 smaller diamonds (my guess is they’re 1/4 ct). The center stone on the E-ring is .75ct and the two on either side are 1/2, so the wedding band compliments it perfectly, it definately adds lots of sparkle.

When we first looked at the E-ring they didn’t have the wedding band in the store, they tried to explain what it looked like & I wasn’t so sure, so they ordered it for me to see. Now I love it & don’t really want to wear the e-ring without it… but I have to wait a few more months…

Post # 9
55 posts
Worker bee

i had a hard time with this, too – i went to my jeweler to look for more options and found something similar to this:  http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10101|10001|-1|40692206|15051|15051.15058.17115

although meant for a solitaire it looks amazing and gives my ring a sort of vintage, delicate feel…  i should mention that the "enhancer" i got has prong settings instead of the channel, so it matches a bit better.  i wish i had a picture for you but i don’t.  

also a curved band like this one http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10101|10001|-1|40778300|15051|15051.15058.17115 is another option – i didn’t like it as much but it does sit flush.  

hope it helps! 

Post # 10
2434 posts
Buzzing bee

I can’t follow the first of Bettina’s links, so I may be duplicating her suggestion, but have looked into ring guards?  I think sometimes they are called basket settings.

There are several examples here:

http://store.weddingsolutions.com/Solitaire_Enhancers.htm

What’s nice about them is it makes it look like either one big ring or that you’re wearing a band on either side of your e-ring (so it’s more symmetrical). 

Post # 11
55 posts
Worker bee

wow, sorry about that… yeah, those are similar, rosychicklet – thanks 😀

Post # 12
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I have a 3 stone, with little dimonds in my band, and here’s what mine looks like with the band:

My Ring 

I knew I wanted a band with little diamonds in it even if my actual ring didn’t have it.

Good luck, let us know what you ddecide on!!! 🙂 

Post # 14
2434 posts
Buzzing bee

I felt that way with my custom-made ring (no returning it!).

So whenever the mood struck I put the band on with my e-ring and wore it around, looked at it, got used to it.  And after a while it grew on me.

I do think that I was just so used to gazing at my e-ring solo and it took me a little time to appreciate how nice it looked with the band. 

The topic ‘3 stone enagement ring + wedding band: HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors