3 stone princess with a jacket/wrap/enhancer ?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Mixed metals are pretty in style right now, so if that’s your style go for it!! Also you could possibly get your ring rhodium plated. That way it would have the white gold look without being reset. Due to the yellow under you would need to get it replated often

Post # 3
1406 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

mgk0813:  I don’t think most enhancers cover the actual gold of the ring, they just add more to the sides of it.  I think the mixed look is really great – a rose gold wrap with a yellow gold ring could be really beautiful.  I wanted rose gold but I ended up going with yellow gold because I decided on a sapphire instead of a diamond (I’m not fond of rose gold with sapphires).  I’m considering a rose gold band because I think that would look lovely, but I also have my grandma’s wedding band, so I understand your hesitation!

If I were you I would go to some jewelry stores and try on wraps in white or rose gold to see how they look with your ring.  Unfortunately I haven’t had much luck googling the combination, but I think it would look really nice1

Post # 4
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2005

You will still be able to see the top and sides of the yellow gold ring but mixing metals is really in right now.  As PP stated, you can also have your ring rhodium dipped to make it white.

Post # 5
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2000

A jacket won’t cover up all of the gold, but it will cover up some of the gold when you look at it from the side.  I think mixing metals is a great look, so a white or rose gold jacket with the yellow gold ring would look great!

Post # 6
8601 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

Mixed metals are very trendy right now..a rose gold jaket enhancer would look awesome! You will still be able to see the yellow gold..but I like yellow gold and its definitely making a come back..ive seen a few bees that have yellow gold and rose gold wedding sets and they are gorgeous!..yellow and white gold look great together too!

Post # 7
8601 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

If the yellow gold bothers you and you don’t want to reset your diamonds, you could always rhodium plate it..only downside is that youll probably have to have it redipped every 6 months or so..but it will look white gold! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors