(Closed) 3-stone ring diamond sizes

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@jfair:  i like side stones to be anywhere between 25%-50% of the centre stone.  i guess it also depends on how large your centre stone is and how much you want it to stand out. 

i have a 5 stone oval ring and my centre stone is 2ct and my side stones are .75ct each and then .25ct each.  i like the progression in the sizes.

what are you thinking about getting?  princess side stones too?  are your side stones going to be halo as well? 

Post # 5
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@jfair:  i guess it would also depend how large the halo is going to be.  a prong halo or full bezel halo?

Post # 7
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@jfair:  that’s lovely.  that’s what i was picturing.  i guess you also have to decide on the proportion of the band vs side stone too.

Post # 8
2075 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I have a round centre stone with pear sides – the centre stone is 0.45 and the pears are a third of the size at 0.15 each. I think the proportions are great but I also think that the pears face up quite big.

Post # 9
2515 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

my center stone is about .5 carat and the sides are about .25 carats each.

Post # 10
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

centre 1.02, sides .53 each (size 8.5 ring). I wouldn’t have  gone bigger in the side stones as it takes it away from the centre stone. That ring is really pretty, I’ve never seen a halo on just the middle stone. If I didn’t have my larger shoulder stones I would of considered this style!

Post # 12
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My ring is Amora moissanite, but that doesn’t matter for the purpose of this thread.  The center stone is a 1.0 carat diamond equivalent, and the side stones are 0.5.  When my fiance and I custom designed the ring, the ring guy told us that the 1:2:1 ratio is a good ratio for a three stone ring.

Post # 13
4662 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@jfair:  that is one beautiful ring!i don’t like halos but that one is so delicate that i love it!

The topic ‘3-stone ring diamond sizes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors