(Closed) 3 Wedding Bands + E-Ring?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3357 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

well, it doesn’t sound like you’d be wearing all the bands with your e-ring at once, so pick one?

Post # 5
4313 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would find out some way to have them present at the ceremony but only pick one for the ring exchange.  Wear the RHR as a RHR on that day.  Possibly wear the other ring as a necklace or something?  It will be a lot to juggle during the actual ceremony with 3 bands, especially when hubby has one.

Post # 7
1531 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I wear 3 bands + an ering.

1. My plain wg 19K wedding band

2. My eternity ring 

3. My anniversary band

4. My ering

The only one that I got married with was my plain wg band. It means that I can take my other rings off (- do messy gooey work in the kitchen-) and leave on the one ring that I do not like taking off. 

Sealed

Post # 8
4313 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Coral99:  yeah I was thinking maybe your mom or your MOH could hold them 🙂

Post # 9
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Coral99:  I had him put both on my finger during the ceremony, that way they are both “real”. Its really not that difficult/complicated, but a lot of bees seem to stress over it. No one is going to notice if he is putting one or three rings on your finger.

We did not have a wedding party so I had his ring on my thumb (although it is wayyy bigger than my thumb but I still managed not to lose it) and I think mine were in his pocket or something. There wasn’t any “fumbling” because he just took them out while the preacher was saying stuff and got them lined up (yes, he is talented enough to have them relatively lined up without looking at them) and then he put them on my finger. 

After the ceremony, I took off my plain palladium ring and put my e-ring on with the diamond band. The e-ring was on my right hand. I put the palladium band on my right hand in its place. Easy peasy.

Post # 10
3357 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Coral99:  oh sorry. I thought you meant how to incorporate them into the actual ring exchange or something. I don’t know what to tell you then, how to have them present at the ceremony but not in the exchange necessarily.

Post # 13
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I have two. I wore the eternity band on my right hand because I wanted to be wearing it for the ceremony and I had him put the plain band on me during the ring exchange. 

Post # 14
6316 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

I think you could have someone hold them, like others said.

Or, could you have the additional bands attached to your bouquet somehow?

Or, perhaps you could wear the one you plan on wearing with your e-ring on your right hand, along with your e-ring, then have your OH give you the plain gold one during the ceremony, and then at the evening reception, take off the plain one and the one with the bit of sparkle (or swap the one with the bit of sparkle onto your left hand), and put on the eternity band?

I’m planning on having 2 (a plain palladium band to match OH’s, then a shaped-to-fit platinum and diamond band to wear with my e-ring), and will either have my OH give me the plain band during the ceremony, and I’ll wear the other band with my e-ring on my right hand, or, I’ll have H2B give me the shaped one, and I’ll attach the plain one to my bouquet, then wear it on my left hand later on.

Post # 15
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I have 2 WBands… a plain & a sparkly.

Mr TTR didn’t want a ring at all (he’s not a Jewellery guy). 

So we compromised…

First and foremost, I bought him a Wedding Watch*… that he wears whenever we go out (puts it on typically in the evening after work when he has his shower)

I knew pretty early on that I wanted two Wedding Bands… one plain & one sparkly.

This was because the sparkly ones looked best with my ERing… but having all this glitter on 24/7×365 just wasn’t practical for my lifestyle.  Having a plain one meant I could have a ring to wear no matter what… Home Renovating – Painting – Deep Cleaning – Gardening – Scuba Diving / Snorkelling – and on our vacations to countries not as safe as Canada

Somewhere in the process of acquiring the two rings… it occurred to me, despite the fact that Mr TTR didn’t want to wear a ring… I still wanted HIS RING Receiving and the symbolism that goes with it…  to be part of the ceremony.

So, we talked about and agreed that my plain ring during the Ceremony would be “HIS RING” and that it would therefore have more sentimental symbolism everytime I chose to wear it (and it would be blessed at the Wedding Ceremony etc)

During the Wedding Ceremony… we asked the Officiant to reverse our Vows (he saying his first)… so that I presented him with the ring first.  Then when it was my turn, he used BOTH the Rings. 

My Sparkly Ring was the primary ring… so it went onto my finger first… and it was the one that he slipped into place as he said the vow… while My / His Plain Ring sat quietly at the knuckle.  When the vow was said, I slipped the plain ring down to meet the sparkly, and then my ERing I moved to my ring finger to “lock em in” place (traditional).

So at the end of the Ceremony… I was wearing all 3 Rings on the one finger in the more traditional line up of Wedding Band(s) closest to the heart… and ERing on the outside. **

Now, IF we hadn’t opted to use the Plain Band as Mr TTR’s Ring… I would have done virtuallly the same thing… he would have slipped both rings onto to my finger for the Vow, and probably for “convenience” just used the fartherst / prominent one to slip into place… bu the others still would have been on the ring finger at the same time.

Hope this helps,

EDIT TO ADD

* Wedding Watches… we gave each other Watches for our Wedding Present to one another.  We put those on when we were getting dressed to go to the Wedding.  Mr TTR likes to think of his Watch-band as ONE of his “Wedding Bands” as that is the one he wears most often

** With 2 WBands & an ERing I have lots of options in how I wear them / configuration… 1 ring alone, 2 together, all 3… mix & match.  More often than not my preferred arrangement is Sparkly WBand with my ERing (traditional).  OR the Plain Band alone (also a traditional look) and what I opt for when I am doing something where I don’t want to be all-a-glitter.  For occasions somewhere in the middle, I opt for my Plain Band as the WBand, and the Sparkle one subs as my ERing (with or without my real ERing on my other hand as a RHRing).  Also a nice look.  And sometimes, when I am feeling really crazy… I stack em all 3 on the finger at once like they were given to me on my WDay.

The topic ‘3 Wedding Bands + E-Ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors