3 Wedding Showers… I\'m so flustered.

posted 3 years ago in Parties
  • poll: How many showers did you/are you going to have?
    1 : (18 votes)
    72 %
    2 : (3 votes)
    12 %
    3 : (2 votes)
    8 %
    4+ : (2 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 2
    2353 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Waitingbee57: No is a complete sentence. You do not have to have any shower that you don’t want. Politely decline and find a way to combine the guestlists in to two showers or just one. Not every member of the family has to come to a shower.

Post # 3
    1701 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

Waitingbee57:  That’s a lot of showers I only will have one. I will say go for it it your wedding they want to pamper you let them have fun and enjoy the showers because wedding planning is very stressful 

Post # 4
    373 posts
    Helper bee

Can your BMs just invite all your family so you have one large shower?

Post # 5
    6021 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2014

Yeah just say no and tell all these people thanks but if they want to host, they need to do it together. Three showers is going to make you look gift-grabby (which is a good excuse to get them to knock off with the showers).

Post # 6
    167 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

It’s nice that so many people want to throw a shower for you. You may want to amend your poll to have a 0 option. I did not have a shower for the exact reason you said you’re uncomfortable with 3. I don’t like being the center of attention, so I politely declined when my BMs offered. 

Post # 7
    8720 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

One. I wouldn’t have wanted more than one. 

Post # 9
    90 posts
    Worker bee

Waitingbee57:  I am having four :S. I knew I would have three. I moved away from family so I am having one in the state I live and then I wanted to split up our families for showers at home. I have been to showers where there were 50+ people and they were nightmares so I wanted a smaller shower. I tried to get out of the fourth but I was informed that the community shower was not optional.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors