3 week graduation trip in May — Where to go?

posted 2 years ago in Travel
Post # 2
2253 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Meglin:  well, European destinations would probably be out anyway- because round trip airfare for 2 people would likely eat up most of your budget. How about Costa Rica? Or somewhere else in Latin America? Not sure what the airfare would run you, but it would likely be less than Europe and the expenses when you get there would be significantly less. 

Post # 4
1094 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Meglin:  I recently went to Thailand for almost 3 weeks and it was amazing. We did it in 3 sections – Bangkok, the north, and the islands. You could always skip Bangkok if you don’t want a city, but it’s definitely worth seeing. In the north we went to an elephant sanctuary and took a boat ride to Laos, as well as visiting temples and hot springs and so much more. We only spent 3 days in the islands as it was the rainy season but the marine parks there are breathtaking (setting of The Beach) and there are lots of places to go snorkelling or diving.

Post # 5
2253 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Meglin:  that changes everything! I thought it was $2500 for the 2 of you, inclusive of airfare. With the bigger budget, you’ll have lots of options!

Post # 6
9533 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I vote Thailand! With a trip to Cambodia, or maybe Vietnam. My husband and I got SCUBA certified in Koh Samui Thailand!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors