3 weeks, no name for our baby boy..help!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
3635 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My best Italian friend is Anthony (Tony).  Why not Antonio I have no idea, but it works for him.  I also know a Lorenzo and he’s not Italian at all. 

If we could pull it off my husband would name a would-be boy child Filipe (Fil).

Post # 4
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

my friends name is Phillipe (phil-eap) its an awesome name!!!! and hes handsome too! 😉 and half italian

what gaelic name are u thinking of?

Post # 6
939 posts
Busy bee

my daughter first name is gaelic and we have an italian last name. to make it even more confusing she’s half chinese.

Post # 7
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Julian?

Post # 8
3010 posts
Sugar bee

@Sanola831:  have you tried nymbler.com? You put in a name you like and they will give you suggestions. 

Post # 10
8518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Sanola831:  I dont think it would be weird. Most people dont know the origins of names. What is the gaelic name you like?

I also second the suggestion of nymbler. Its a really good site for getting ideas for names.

Post # 11
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

luka, Marco, massimo, giorgio  and i love ciaran, 

Post # 12
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Sanola831:  I went to school with an Anthony! He said once at the beginning of each year “No, I just go by Anothony.” And everyone listened!

Or Dominic, or Damien?

Post # 13
2325 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Sanola831:  

Vincenzo – or is that too close to Lorenzo/Gianni?

Rocco

Santino

Joseph

Nicholas – Nico

Gianluca

Post # 15
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Sanola831:  Lucian, Rafael, Constantine, Dante

Post # 16
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Personally I’d be more worried about the nickname gay than Tony. I know several Anthonys and none of them are called Tony. But honestly if you like Gaelic then go for it don’t worry about the last name too much unless it sounds comical we have a last name that makes certain names sound villainous lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors