(Closed) 3 weeks out and I've thrown caution to the wind

posted 5 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1747 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@MsJ2theZ:  Yes, unfortunately. I was not one of those bees that paced herself. I didn’t pick my florist until the last month. That was a huge expense. And since it was my last big expense, I got a little too excited about not having to spend more money, forgetting that I still would probably have last minute expenses (boy, did I).

It sucked, and I’ll be paying off the credit card for another month and a half, but it was worth it. Most of the last minute expenses were gifts, which I was glad to give.

Post # 5
954 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yup- I spent my entire salary last month.  I dipped into savings for $1000.  I figure after the wedding I will save back up to the goal that I set for myself.  I did spend a LOT of money on gifts.  I’ll pay it all off in one fell swoop, because I don’t plan on spending nearly 100k on rando crap but it sure is adding up.

The topic ‘3 weeks out and I've thrown caution to the wind’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors