3 weeks out and losing my shit!

posted 2 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
555 posts
Busy bee

Well for the stomach pain immediatly after you eat, or even when you feel like you could be really sick, I think it could be acid reflux? Acid reflux is very common for someone dealing with a lot of stress, ie. wedding planning. I was having the worst feelings imaginable in my stomach and throat for a month, I thought I was going to die (overdramatic right?) and then my doctor said that the stress I was feeling was building up acid in my stomach and that is what is causing my naseau and sickness. Might be worth a try to take some zantac, I take two a day now, one in the morning and one in the evening, and I am able to eat and live basically with no acid reflux, on some days it can still happen but not nearly as bad!

As for sleep aids, gravol always makes me sleepy but that probaby isnt a good recommendation, but it might help your sick feeling too.

Acne, I use proactive and the spot treatment they use (cleans me right up)

hope this helps! I know how hard it is to shake anxiety and stress but please make some time for yourself this last couple of weeks! you are supposed to be enjoying this 🙂

Post # 3
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Damn girl.  You need some Benedryl to knock your ass out at night and a facial STAT.  

Seriously, book like three facials between now and the wedding.  Get a massage in there too, the latest appt they have…It will help you sleep. 

Manifest the positive.  Your love. Your wedding.  Take a deep breath and know in your gut that this will all work out and things will fall into place.  You are making yourself sick over this wedding. So, take care of you. Pamper yourself. A LOT.  Get as much sleep as you can, no bride wants bags under eyes. Keep up with the Vitamin C and water.  Keep the hand sanitizer close by.  Just rest.  Rest is the best thing for a body.

Post # 4
1108 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Post # 5
1532 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

What do you do when you need to get back in touch with yourself? No family, no FI, just you? Cuz you need a dose of that right now.

Some people are runners. Some people are readers. Some people are shoppers. I’m a road tripper. I need to get AWAY. Even if “away” is a hotel five miles from my house, it just feels so restorative to me.

You need to remember what your thing is and do it for a few hours. You deserve it.

Post # 6
2302 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

buy that advil/tylenol pm and take one. seriously – you neeeeeeed sleep. then, buy origins ‘clear improvement’ charcoal mask – it’s amazing, super effective buy gentle. do that every second night before bed if you skin can handle it – if not, try every three nights etc. drink tons of water and if you can, steam up the shower like crazy and then sit in the steam. 

for eating – eat small meals throughout the day, or constantly snack on bland stuff until you’re feeling better. the vitamin c in large doses might actually be the problem – it can be harsh on your stomach. 

Post # 7
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

Oh hey there! Welcome to emotional overload club! I’m 9 days out and freaked out as well. My face and stomach are doing the exact same thing. For acne try benzoyl peroxide straight up. Target sells one and a thin layer of that once or twice a day will clear that right way. I also take Advil Pm to know knock myself out. Otherwise I wake up in the midst of anxiety attack several times a night.  I wish I had some super helpful advice but for now listen to your body and give it rest when it needs it. It’s totally normal to be freaking out as long as you don’t redline too long. 

Post # 8
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

BurlapnLace:  Unisom (doxylamine) is ahhhhmazing for sleep. It’s non-habit forming and even safe while pregnant, so no weird side effects. It doesn’t make me groggy the next day like tylenol and advil PM have when I tried them. 

For pimples I like good old fashioned H20. Drink lemon water, green tea, and oral vitamin E. Never touch your face and change your pillow case every couple days. 

Post # 11
46 posts
  • Wedding: December 2014 - The Boatshed Restaurant

BurlapnLace:  Anxiety often manifests as digestive disturbance or chest pain…it might be your body telling you that you are quite stressed. I’d avoid Advil as it’s an NSAID and is likely to have negative effect on your GI system. Melatonin is used by a lot of doctors over here recovering from jetlag. I just started it as I’ve been experiencing insomnia…and it’s made a huge difference.

Alcohol swabs (like what they use at a blood collection centre) are really good to dry out pimples so that they heal faster.

A multivitamin probably wouldn’t hurt and drinking plenty of water is the best thing you can do for your skin. Hope you feel better soon!

Post # 13
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

The best wedding is not one that looks like something out of a Pinterest fever dream.  The best wedding is one where you are relaxed and happy and in love. 

So maybe it’s time to try to relax and spend some quality time with FI (wedding-related talk forbidden).  Do something fun together.  Honestly evaluate if the wedding related tasks you are trying to accomplish in the next 3 weeks will actually contribute to your happiness.  There are so many brides on Weddingbee who end upset and unhappy after their wedding, because they couldn’t control every little detail.  Do yourself a favour and don’t be one of them.          

Post # 14
5222 posts
Bee Keeper

BurlapnLace:  IDK what to tell you about relaxing. That’s just some inner chi you need to pull together here in the home stretch.

For the breakouts and skin issues, try using raw honey for 20 minutes at night as a face mask. It has natural antibiotic tendencies and is a skin healing salve for existing pimples, dry spots, flakes, etc. I use it a lot, especially during season changes or breakouts.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors