(Closed) 3 Weeks Out, Can’t Sleep

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

OOO i Know what you mean I have 12 more days I hope I dont get tto excited so I can really enjoy the day

I hope I dont overdo things and get sick

just getting over a flu right now

exciting, the day I have dreamed of

Post # 4
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

This happened to me last summer – work was totally crazy, countdown to the wedding, moving in with me husband, all those things just made a to do list a mile long.  I couldn’t get my brain to shut off even when my body was totally exhausted.  Some tips:

Keep a notebook next to your bed so you can just write things down as you think of them – to deal with the next morning.  That helped me relax about trying to remember everything.

Exercise or do active things throughout the day to make sure you are definitely tired by the time you get in bed.

Come up with a relax routine before bed.  Drink a cup of sleepytime or chamomile tea, or take a hot bath.  I read a book in the bath for just 15 minutes or so most nights and it realy seemed to help.

Try to take care of yourself as much as you can BEFORE the wedding.  I had an awesome wedding day, but then got sick as soon as I woke up the next day!

Post # 6
967 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

How have you been sleeping? The big day isn’t for a year for me but I’ve had stress related insomnia issues lately, so I feel your pain!! 

Post # 7
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I think that this is perfectly normal.  I’m about 6 weeks out and sleeping less, but still sleeping.  I’m hoping that it last longer, but not holding my breath. 

Big (((HUGS))) going out to you!  It’s going to be great!

Post # 8
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I can imagine the stress and insomnia!  You think its easier because you’re eloping?  I’ve heard so many say that’s the best way to go!  Have fun :0)

Post # 9
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

I think it’s normal.  I’m waking up more in the middle of the night lately – then I toss and turn thinking of the crap I have to do! 

I have been trying to just get up earlier so that I am more tired at the end of the night.

Post # 10
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I had the worst time sleepng before the wedding.  I don’t normally do it, but I started taking OTC sleeping pills just so that I was sure to get a few hours.  Funny thing was as soon as we went on the honeymoon, I have slept GREAT!  Good luck! 

Post # 11
1901 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I write a blog about healthy living and one of my posts was on insomnia. I’ve dealt with it a few times in my life. Here are my tips:

Take a mineral supplement 1/2 hout to 1 hour before bed to help your body relax.

There’s a meditation cd from BrainSync that I listen to on my iPod called sound Sleep. You can download it frm iTunes or from Kelley Howell’s BrainSync website.

Lower the temperature in your bedrom 2- 3 degrees and keep it as dark as possible.

No TV in you bedroom!

There’s an herbal supplement called Nutra Sleep that has helped me as well, but mostly all I need now is my IPod with Sound Sleep,

Hope it gets better for you!

Post # 12
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

The tossing and turning just started for me this week. I’m trying to work out harder so I am more exhausted but its been 5 days of little sleep and it’s still not working!

The calming tea is a great idea! I will give it a try tonight.

The topic ‘3 Weeks Out, Can’t Sleep’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors