3 Weeks Out (YIKES!)!!! What am I forgetting?

posted 3 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m posting to follow bc I got on here to post the same thing! 

Post # 4
Hostess
30304 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hmm…3 weeks out…do you have all the logistics ironed out?  Placecards/seating charts if you’re having them?  What about a wedding day emergency bag?  Chalk for any dress stains came in handy for me, and a sewing kit for a couple of my BM’s bows coming off of their dresses.  That’s all I can think of for now, but YAY 3 more weeks! 😀

Post # 5
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

nail polish?

probably just day-of logistics – here are a few things to think about if you haven’t already:

transport – how is everyone getting around on the day, who needs to be in which car, will the photographer travel with you?

timing – your schedule for getting ready, make sure your groom & his family & best man all know when they need to be ready, how will you know when all your guests have arrived and ready for you to make your grand entrance?

back up plans – think about rain, equipment, anything that requires batteries etc etc.

setting up – who is decorating your venue? when are they doing this? what do they need? think about small often forgotten things like a knife for the cake, scissors to open anything in packaging, matches/lighter if you have candles or sparklers, a couple of coat hangers (if your groom or any other male guests are running around setting last minute things up, it might be a good idea for them to hang their jackets somewhere until they are done!), a cloth to wipe down surfaces/chairs if they need it, bottle openers… think about every little detail and what will be needed to make it happen 

sleeping arrangements – where is everyone staying the night before & night after the wedding? how will you/they get their toothbrush, pjs, clothes etc to where they are staying? will you need to do anything the day after the wedding?

other things – your bridesmaids will probably get ready with you and go home from the wedding. how will they get their stuff (clothes, make up, handbags etc) from the place where you are getting ready to the reception venue? or will they pick it all up the next day? do all the boys in the wedding party know exactly what they’re doing and what they need? (seriously, they need to be told everything – remind them all to have the right colour socks!). does everyone have everyone else’s numbers? make sure both sides of the bridal party all have each others numbers & your parents numbers.

if you are getting ready at home and the photographer will be there, do you need to do a bit of a tidy up? think about what you & your bridesmaids will wear while getting ready. 

if your bouquet is in water, don’t forget to take it out at least half an hour before you start carrying it around, you don’t want it to drip on your dress!

oh! and if you gave your best man a special box to put the rings in, make sure you get it back from him! I used my favourite vintage souvenir mints tin and the best man put it back in his pocket during the ceremony and I forgot all about it.  

ok that’s all I can think of!

good luck! really, even if stuff goes wrong you’ll have a great day anyway.

Post # 6
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

posting so I can follow!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors