3 weeks to go and I need to whine.

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1696 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I get it. FI and I have a lot of people who said no and we were sure they would be yesses. One changed her RSVP because she doesn’t want to find a dress.

So you know what? Grin and bear it. You are going to have an amazing time and be surrounded by great people who are there to support you on one of the most important days of your life. Everyone else is missing out, don’t let it get you down, it’s on them, not you.

Post # 5
1826 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

No one has to give you a reason when they RSVP no or why they changed their minds. However any reason given that pertains to work is a reasonable excuse…you don’t know the intimate details of their situation. For example, I’m employed at a plant along with almost 3000 people but still get refused days off and knowing early doesn’t make a difference…we are not allowed to ask until the week before except in specific cases.

Post # 6
1696 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@s2bmrscook:  Believe me, I get it. When we got a couple of our RSVPs, it stung. I just took it for granted that they would want to be there to watch us promise our lives to each other. But it’s on them, they’re the ones missing out and they’re the ones who will have to regret missing out on it. Sucks to be them!

Post # 8
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

When I set my date I did it based on the DATE not the DAY…so it ended up being a Tuesday. I figured with more than nine months notice it wouldnt be too much of a problem for most people…well when I told my paternal grandparents (who own their own restuarant) they told me that since my grandpa is the cook at night, he would not be able to come!! I was like “are you freaking kidding me??!!”

I didnt think it would be a problem to either find another cook for the night, or hell even close for the night! I’m their first grandchild, first grandchild getting married and yet my grandpa wont be coming? Trust me I was super hurt when I was told. My moms dad died when I was 2 and my dads dad has really been the only “real” grandpa in my life and for him to not be there just doesnt feel right to me…..

Post # 9
3596 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

It sucks but it’s life. As long as you aren’t whining or complaining to the people by all means go ahead and get it out.

Also as long as you stop whining before your wedding and get excited and don’t allow this to dampen your day you are all set!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors