3 weeks to go before Big Day – Waxing Question

posted 2 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
996 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Oh god, it’s totally up to you and a personal decision. My advice would be to skip it this time. Here’s why: 

Everyone who likes it tends to be a regular waxer who has gotten used to the pain. Doing it for the first time before your wedding will mean: 

1) You will find out only right before your wedding what waxing does to your skin in that area. Everyone is different.

2) You will go through the pain of having it done the first time. It hurts so much. After the first time it gets easier if you keep it up, or so I hear. I’ve never made it past the first wax (though I’ve gotten it done twice). 

3) You won’t know your waxer. From what I understand, there are good ones (sanitary, efficient, fast, friendly, and thorough) and there are bad ones (unsanitary, slow, unsympathetic and miss some hair). If you get a bad one it can be BAD. And the last thing you want to do is limp down the aisle..

Post # 3
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

mocha88:  I think you should wait until after your wedding. I have been waxing for years and don’t have any issues with it. However when I first started my skin was quite sensitive to it and it would go red, spotty and itchy. Overtime my skin has improved and don’t have any side effects from it. So I recommend holding off until after your big day because you don’t want to risk having irritated skin. 

Good luck with whatever you choose xx 

Post # 5
105 posts
Blushing bee

Shaving will be better option, indeed. You don’t know how your skin will react to waxing, also you don’t know how fast hair will grow back and whether it will cause irritated skin.

Post # 6
4587 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I usually shave, but FI suggested getting a wax before the wedding as a pre-wedding gift. My wedding is next Friday, and I have an appointment on Monday. My pain tolerance is usually good once something starts, but I’m still scared. I was referred to a specific waxer by a friend who sees them regularly, so hopefully she is good!

Post # 7
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I stick to shaving. Waxing gave me ingrowns that lasted for about a year (even though I exfoliate). I tried waxing twice and had people with amazing online reviews. However, it just wasn’t meant to be. 

Post # 8
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

mocha88:  I only wax my eye brows but I shave under my arms and legs. I did this for my wedding and it worked out just fine but I have also been waxing my eye brows for years. I just waited 1 day prior to the wedding as I didn’t want it to grow back so fast. I made time for it. If you choose to wax anything (refering to face) My MUA told me that you should do it at least 3 days prior so all the residue is off your face and your make up won’t stick to the residue. Usually after I wax, I’m only red for up to 3 hours and after that all goes away (this was even when I first started waxing). Everyone is different. I would say to stick to whatever your are most comfortable with. 

Post # 9
759 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I had never waxed before my wedding either but decided to only because the thought of having to shave during my week long honeymoon seemed awful. I have a close friend who only waxes so she suggested I go see who she uses. My wedding was on a Saturday and I went on Wednesday afternoon. I would suggest giving yourself that much time in between because you don’t want anything touching that area for a couple of days because it’s sensitive. I would definitely do it again. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors