3 weeks until wedding.. feeling very irritable

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Wow – I had to read this twice since I was pretty sure i didnt write it, but it sounds soooo much like my situation as well. Scary.

I am seriously just closing my eyes counting to ten and hoping that whatever was stressful in the moment cant see me anymore and goes away.

My “Surprise” shower is this Sunday. Even though my mother specifically told me about it, but is now upset at me that i wont act surprised when i show up. Litterally she wanted me to practice my surprised face on a trip out to my final dress fitting. And when i told her that i wasnt practicing anything since its not a surprise, and if she wanted me to have a surprise face, she herself should not have told me about it. And then got mad at me when i wasnt going to pretend/lie to everyone that i didnt know about it before hand. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Rage!

My future MIL isnt even going to be coming to my shower since she would rather volunteer her time at a trade show this weekend, but instead is making a big deal about seeing us before we leave for our elopement. Im like WTF. you had the chance to see me at my shower but found better things to do with your time, so now i have to fit into my already packed schedule to go out to her house. Sit around have awkward silence and count the minutes until i can leave.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR. RAGE!

Sorry i have nothing constructive to help both our stresses. But if you figure out a trick I would love to hear it. but it sounds like if the two of us are in the same sort of boat it must be normal.

If all else fails try booze

Post # 5
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Totally. its 28 in Vegas right now and making me sooo excited. So excited to be somwhere warm and not raining! haha.

The next 3 weeks cant get here fast enough.

Post # 6
975 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

My mom didnt agree with a lot of my ideas at first either but when I explained my reasoning she came around. It took a while for her to see my side of things but it was good to have someone to sort of be the devils advocate to help me really understand why i needed to do some things a certain way.

Stand up for what you think is important and explain your point of view. Try to be understanding and listen to what she has to say but if it is really not what you want then stand your ground. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors