30 day challenges

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

mm86:  FI and I did the abs one plus plank challenge at the same time. So it was plank, crunches, and leg lifts. We definitely felt stronger at the end. In the beginning we would plank for like 60 seconds and moan and groan. The last day is a 5 minute plank and we actually managed to get through it. We kept to the schedule, reluctantly.

I was also doing JM 30 day shred at the same time and it kind of sucked since level 2 was tons of plank-related exercises. 

I think I’m going to start another one after the wedding. We have about 30 days between the wedding and honeymoon. I’m also considering doing this: http://www.dailyhiit.com/start-bodyrocking

Post # 3
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m currently on the 30 day squat challenge, so I will stay updated on that. I’m doing it in conjunction with 40 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. I definitely feel it in my legs! I took before pictures so I can see results. 

Post # 5
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

mm86:  I did the squat one. I liked it! People said that it made a difference, but I think they were just trying ti be nice after they heard me complain about the millions of squats that I did

Post # 6
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

mrs-to-be-2014:  My legs are killing me. I can definitely feel what muscles are being used.

Post # 7
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Im about 20/30 days throught the squat challenge. My squat form is definitely better from when I started, but I havent noticed too much change (although sometimes I feel like my tush has lifted a bit). Im going to try abs for the next one. 

Post # 8
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

mm86:  I made a hybrid of challenges including pushup, squat, calf raises, and ab challenge lol. Creativity? =D

Post # 9
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Most of the 30 days challenges don’t really do much in terms of muscle tone. They get you moving a bit but what’s the point in 200 body-weight squats when 3-5 sets of 5-12 barbell/dumbbell/goblet squats with gradually increasing weights would probably do your butt a lot more good?

Post # 10
397 posts
Helper bee

SpecialSundae:  This. It’s all about the weights. A better squat challenge would be to start day one doing like 100 with no weights and gradually increase by 5lbs each day. I also think doing some walking lunges are more beneficial than doing all of these squats, due to the full range of motion. Doing the squat challenges without weights will help build a very small amount of muscle for someone who has none, or maintain what you already have. But other than burning calories, it’s not super beneficial considering the amount of work you are putting in.

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee

SpecialSundae:  I completely agree. I used to focus on quantity and do more reps at managable weights. Now I focus on adding weight so I am struggling on my last few reps and I feel so much different. I am much stronger now and I know I’m not cheating myself out of a better work out.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors