30 day shred – anyone want to join?

posted 2 months ago in Fitness
Post # 2
5651 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m preggers so can’t join in but just wanted to say I love the 30 day shred. Great results and not massively time consuming. Any of you that give it a go will love it (not right in the middle of doing it but overall!)

Post # 3
2592 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Hogarths, Solihull

iwanticecream :  I have a personal trainer at the moment, so I’m really only sticking to what she tells me but I will happily provide moral support!!

I love 30 day shred 🙂 I always get great results, particularly for my arms 🙂

Post # 4
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

What is the 30 day shred? It sounds good!

Post # 5
2592 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Hogarths, Solihull

mrscee2bee :  It’s a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD 🙂

You can get it cheap on Amazon. Basically, it’s 3 levels of workouts. You do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for 10 days.

It kicks your ass. Seriously. Jillian works you HARD. But, you get results 🙂

Post # 6
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I need to start doing this! I think you can even watch the videos on Youtube for free (obvs).

Post # 7
12415 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I absolutely loved the 30 DS workouts, but I got SO SO SO bored having to do the same routine every single day for ten days straight.  I’m the type of person who needs constant variety in workouts to stay interested. 

If you end up being like me, I’ve done the T25 workout from Beachbody, which is very similar (25 minutes a day except one day per week when they recommend 2 workouts) – but it’s a different video each day (cardio, total body, lower focus, abs, and a speed workout in the first 25 days).

I’m on MFP if you’re interested in trying the calorie counting thing.  I get obsessive about it too, but I find it’s really the best thing for losing weight.  Best of luck!

Post # 9
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Vineyard on Long Island

iwanticecream :  this sounds like exactly what I’ve been needing.  I’m trying to clean up my eating, but have had zero time/energy for workouts after work.  But Jillian somehow has a way to make me do it anyways.  I guess I’ll be picking up a dvd player this weekend since ours crapped out a few months ago, but I’d love to join you in your 30 day endeavor.

ETA: your username embodies my fitness mentality for the last 6 months =/ haha

Post # 10
2866 posts
Sugar bee

I just ordered it. 

Post # 11
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m in too!

Post # 12
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Holly Hedge Estate

JiminyCricket :  I have tried doing the 30 shred 2 different times and each time I got so bored by day 9 i stopped….. Is the T25 expensive or is it just a dvd type thing? I see those Beachbody things on facebook and it seem sooooo cult-like. Always stayed far away from it for that reason. Maybe I should give it a try though?

Post # 13
12415 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

SweetBeets :  I agree with the cult-like feeling.  I  bought my copy through Amazon so I could avoid the “coach” stuff.  It was like $70 I think, and includes both the Alpha and Beta sessions  (so 2 5 week sessions).  There’s a third level (Gamma) that you have to buy separately, and I haven’t purchased that one yet.  It’s just DVDs like the other beachbody programs, and Alpha doesn’t require any equipment.  Beta incorporates resistance bands, but it’s provided in the kit. 

I like that it’s only 25 minutes but a solid workout (I usually burn about 300 calories per session), and it’s only 5 days a week, so you do get a break.  Other beacbody programs seem to be 7 days a week with one of them being “active recovery” or something, but I find an actual rest day to be more beneficial than that. 

Post # 14
654 posts
Busy bee

iwanticecream :  Wow ladies, I get so motivated reading about how motivated you guys are! 😀 

I’m in the process of looking for a version I can buy online and download (much easier for me than a physical DVD) but if I can’t find anything I’ll be buying the DVD on amazon and joining you!

Post # 15
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

hopfenn :  You can find levels 1 and 2 on YouTube for free:

https://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8?list=PLoCqkLAlxPzzMi-JBpraFscVbLXlOu4nv

https://youtu.be/ZEz0VGxsiqc?list=PLoCqkLAlxPzzMi-JBpraFscVbLXlOu4nv

Level 3 isn’t availble, sadly. But the BeFit channel has tons of free workouts including more from Jillian Michaels. I never buy DVDs anymore and just rely on YouTube to mix it up with different workouts that seem fun. That’s my method of sticking to my at-home workout routine and not getting bored with it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit

Good luck to everyone starting 30 Day Shred! It’s my go-to workout when I’m crunched for time. Really gives you a great workout in a short time. Have fun!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors