30 day shred – anyone want to join?

posted 3 months ago in Fitness
Post # 211
2122 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

hopfenn :  I did see great results!  I lost a few inches, and I think I lost about 4 pounds!!  (It goes up and down a lot with my cycle, so it’s tough to me to measure).  I saw the most results in how I feel though.  I have way more energy!  I’m sure that’s how you felt with the 30 day shred though too!!

Post # 212
695 posts
Busy bee

lahela017 :  Absolutely! I feel like I’m less exhausted at the end of every day, and also like I’m less frail doing everyday tasks, which is an awesome feeling! My clothes all feel better, and in general I just feel better in my own skin, yay!

Glad we kept each other motivated in this thread, it was really helpful for me to keep checking in!

Post # 214
695 posts
Busy bee

beethree :  Thank you! 🙂

lahela017 :  Day 2 of ripped in 30 done! Oh my gosh – it’s hard! My muscles haven’t been this sore since day 2 of the 30DS! 

Post # 215
2122 posts
Buzzing bee

hopfenn :  🙂 You can do it!!!

(Just to warn you, I found week 2 really really hard- but don’t give up! I think Weeks 3 and 4 were easier than week 2)

Post # 216
695 posts
Busy bee

lahela017 :  Hahaha seems like Jillian likes to kill people during level 2! I found level 2 of the 30DS the hardest too, but I will power through! 

My birthday is at the beginning of May, and DH is taking me to the spa for the thermal pools and a massage, so I want to look awesome for that 😀 BRING IT JILLIAN, DO YOUR WORST!! hahaha

Post # 217
695 posts
Busy bee

Day 3 of Ripped in 30 done yesterday 😀 Doing day 4 tonight! I am SORE! Hahaha

Post # 218
32 posts
Newbee

Starting Level 2 today! I already feel sore just thinking about it. 

Post # 219
695 posts
Busy bee

courtja :  NICE! I found level 2 hard. I definitely did a lot of the modified moves, because there was so much planking. I don’t think I was able to full get through any of the plank moves without pausing.

Push through it though! Finishing level 2 was SO satisfying!! 😀

Post # 220
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven’t been active. My knee really started bugging me again, so I decided to rest for a few days then I did level 1 for a week. I will be starting back into level 2 today, I have 2 days left of it then level 3. I might do a full week of level 2 before level 3 I will have to see how I feel. In other news, my first dress fitting is Thursday and with my deit and exercise I’m down 25lbs! yay!

Post # 221
2122 posts
Buzzing bee

kelmpm7809 :  you’re down 25 lbs?!?  Wow!!!  Awesome job- congrats!!!

Post # 222
695 posts
Busy bee

kelmpm7809 :  WOW! Amazing work! That’s a huge accomplishment, good job! 

I just started week 2 of Ripped in 30 today and GIRL, lahela017 :  , how in the WORLD did you survive it?! Hahah it was so hard! I spent half of my time being confused about what they were doing, and I even watched it once before so I’d be ready for the moves. I’m hoping it’ll go more smoothly tomorrow!

Post # 223
2122 posts
Buzzing bee

hopfenn :  Haha!!! Yes, week 2 is by far the hardest.  I just struggled through it, but was able to follow along ok by the end of the weeks.  It did help me that DH did it with me a couple times that week.  He was good at it, so that was motivating.  Stick with it!!! Weeks 3 and 4 aren’t as bad!

Post # 224
2122 posts
Buzzing bee

Also, last Friday I did Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism for the first time.  HOLY COW!! It’s 6 circuits of all cardio!  I was super proud of myself for sort of getting through it.  It’s so hard!!  So, if you ladies are ever looking for a huge challenge, try that one out.  The big downside to it is that with the warm-up/cool down and the 6 circuits, the DVD ends up being almost an hour long, which is a bit much for me during the work week.

Post # 225
695 posts
Busy bee

lahela017 :  Hahah definitely going to try to power through it! Now that I kind of understand what I’m supposed to do for the moves, I think it’ll go more smoothly today. I’m sure it’ll still kick my ass but at least I won’t be confused 😛 My triceps hurt today so I guess I did something right! Looking forward to week 3 and 4, though 😀

I looked into Banish Fat, Boost Metablish – I’ve been reading lots of good things about it, but the fact that it’s long turned me off from it! I might give it a try eventually though, even if it’s just purely for the Jillian Michaels entertainment factor.

I can’t get over how funny she is in week 2 of Ripped in 30 – the whole “I want to bounce a quarter off your bum” or “I want to bite your butt Shelly RAWR” gets me laughing every time!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors