30 day shred – anyone want to join?

posted 4 months ago in Fitness
Post # 106
701 posts
Busy bee

Done day 8!! Didn’t elliptical today since I had a million chores to do, but chores totally count as physical activity too, right? 😀

Post # 107
22 posts
Newbee

iwanticecream :  Just did level 1, day 1. Wasn’t too hard, but I’m hoping I don’t get bored with it. I just finished up the couch to 5k and now started a 10k trainer, but I’ve been losing motivation due to heavy snowfall & treadmill fatigue :(. 

Post # 108
1243 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Day 7 Done. I felt really tight today for some reason. Took more time to stretch after. I did move up to 8lb weights today! Woo!! 

Post # 109
798 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Late to the party, but I started today with level 1! I am just wrapping up couch to 5k (race on Saturday!) and have a few more road races for the next few months and I’m trying to incorporate more workouts than just running, and toning up/getting stronger all over as well! I like that it keeps you moving and I feel like it went by quickly so I’m hoping I stick with it!!

Post # 110
1243 posts
Bumble bee

panda_bear3 :  yay that’s awesome!!!! Glad to have you involved! 🙂 

Post # 111
701 posts
Busy bee

kelmpm7809 :  Wow that’s awesome! I’m still on my 5lb weights, and for the side lunge I’m actually using cans of pumpkin puree. For some reason that specific exercise is just so hard for me to do hahah. I couldn’t even do it with proper form with the 5lb weights, so cans it is! Good job though, I’m proud of you! 😀

panda_bear3 :  Yay welcome! 😀 It’s never too late to join the party! I did day 8 yesterday,a nd honestly it does feel like it goes by really quickly! Each work out is so fast paced that by the time you know it, it’s over. That’s what I’m loving about this!

Post # 112
701 posts
Busy bee

Finished Day 9 today! I  was going to do day 9 yesterday and take today as a rest day, but instead I rested yesterday and pulled an iwanticecream and did Day 9 today a little bit hungover! Heheh, really excited to finish up level 1!

Bonus: I saw my mom today and she told me I look like I’ve lost some weight, so that felt really good!

Post # 113
701 posts
Busy bee

Ladies! This thread is starting to slow down – where are we all at? 😀

I just finished Day 10 today so level one iS DONE!! 

Post # 114
251 posts
Helper bee

I finished Day 4 this morning! Is it bad that I’m already bored of watching the same video every day? I wish every day was a different video! Clearly boredom is a problem for me and probably part of the reason I quit exercise programs 🙁 Any recommendations for keeping it fun?

Post # 115
701 posts
Busy bee

books_and_diamonds :  Awesome job 😀 I started getting bored of it around day 6. I found days 7-10 actually really hard to truck through because I was getting bored! 

But I pushed through it and started level 2 today. I did day 1 of level 2 and OH MAN is it every hard!

Maybe this will help motivate some bees, though. I decided to take progress pictures after every level, so today (before I started level 2) DH took some photos of me so I could compare them with the ones from day 0. I knew I felt different, my mom complimented me and told me I lost some weight, and now I can see with a direct comparison that it really did do me some good! It’s not a huge difference but I can definitely see it in my mid section, and also a bit in my thighs 😀 I also feel like my arms are a bit less flabby but it’s hard to tell from these pics. Do you bees see a difference or is it just me ? :O

Post # 116
1243 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Ladies! I just got home from vacation! So much snow in Lake Tahoe, CA! I could not believe it! I am starting back up with day 8 tomorrow! Glad to be back 🙂 

Post # 117
96 posts
Worker bee

hopfenn :   I can really see the difference there and in just 10 days that’s amazing! Your photos are what has inspired me to start this!

I’m going to start this in a few days when I am over this awful chest infection I have at the moment, so last night I got my FI to take some before photos, they truly are awful! I’ve gained more weight than I realised, they’ve actually made me feel quite depressed! But I am going to use them as my motivation to stick with this!

Post # 118
701 posts
Busy bee

shorty123 :  I’m glad!! I was hoping seeing some real pictures would help someone 😀 

When my DH took my before pictures I was also a little bit upset. For some reason my body seemed so much worse in pictures than I had realized, but like you said, I took that and turned it into motivation to keep this up. I wanted to be able to put two pictures side by side to physically see if I can make a difference. 

Taking this progress picture and seeing a difference, even if it’s minor, had me so excited that I put my yoga mat on the floor and started my level 2 right away! If that’s the difference that I can see in 10 days, which honestly went by really fast, then how big of a difference will I see in 10 more days?! I can’t wait to find out 😀

Welcome to the bandwagon, you can do this!! I hope your chest infection gets better soon!

Post # 119
701 posts
Busy bee

kelmpm7809 :  Welcome back 😀 Hope you had a great time snowboarding! That sounds like an awesome vacation – I didn’t manage to get out snowboarding this year at all 🙁 Good luck with day 8!! I found the last three days of level 1 to be quite hard, in terms of motivation, but I pushed through because I was eager to get started on level 2. You’re so close to done 1/3rd of the shred, so keep it up! 😀

Post # 120
251 posts
Helper bee

hopfenn :  You look great! Thanks for sharing those pics! I can’t believe how much of a difference you can see in just 10 days! Do you take rest days?

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors