(Closed) 30 Day Shred CHECK IN!

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 4
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I am Day 2 Level 1. Oh god it hurts! Lol… well everything hurts in a ‘good’ way apart from my left calf muscle which hurts like someone is ripping it out = 

Here are my ‘Before’ pictures… kinda looks like I’m posting on the Pregnancy forum… hahaha.

PS: this is BEFORE breakfast. Once I have a meal, my belly expands even more πŸ™

Post # 6
1105 posts
Bumble bee

This is true. Oh don’t worry I will be checking in often as I love a good whinge πŸ˜‰ 

I am not sure how people that know you IRL will recognise your body? no one would recognise me from my photos above hahaha. I should really get better ones. I took these this morning, my hands were shaking after the 2nd workout πŸ˜›

Post # 8
1556 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Good luck ladies! I did this once, and lost quite a bit!

Post # 9
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I am on daily 11 I think of level 1 (though I’ve missed days here and there including 3 days in a row last week) ? Still doing level 1 because I feel like I’m going to die after the first weights/cardio portion!  Anyone else feel this way? I am just so out of breath from doing push-ups (I do real ones so that contributes) and then the squats and then the cardio ahhhh!  After that portion I find the rest much easier, but I want to wait til the first section is more doable before moving on!

I am feeling stronger and just more fit.  I’m not trying to lose weight just tone for the wedding.  It took me until 4 months out to finally get some motivation! I’ve been really good about doing the shred any day that is feasible really, so I’m proud of myself so far!

@Candace From BC:  I know what you mean about “missing” the soreness! Though it is nice to be able to walk around like a normal human again!

Post # 10
1105 posts
Bumble bee

Yeah I sweat a lot after the 1st round! I especially hate the jumping jacks + jump rope double combination.

The stuff I hate the most is the side lunge + lift weights up to eyes. Owwwww. 

Post # 12
1105 posts
Bumble bee

I can’t do any push ups at all πŸ™ Even last year when I went to the gym every week… I could only do maybe 2. I’m soooo weak!! 

I can do all the ab exercises in my sleep though. So, we all have our strengths and weaknesses πŸ™‚ 

Post # 13
339 posts
Helper bee

Oh gosh I hurt so much after the first day I didn’t bother doing it yesterday.  Going to suck it up this morning and do as much as I can but everything still hurts! 

Post # 14
1105 posts
Bumble bee

Yep… just did Day 3 (in a row). Everything hurts ‘normal’ except for my left calf which still really really hurts πŸ™ I can’t even put any weight on it for the jumping jacks and jump rope = My fiancé says I need to take a break. Um… there is no taking a break! It’s called 30 days for a reason right πŸ™ I hate quitting!! It just sucks that this leg hurts so bad after day 1… think I’ll go buy some deep heat and hope it works… but just wondering if I keep doing the exercises on an injured muscle, if I’m doing any last damage. 

Anyway I took dimensions:

Boobs: 96cm

smallest part of my torso (under boobs): 79cm

Around bellybutton: 94cm

Hipe Bone: 100cm

Thigh: 68cm

Back: 91.5cm 

End Date: 6th May (if I do it for 30 consecutive days). 

Post # 16
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@amyinbrisbane:  I’m sorry to have to agree with your fiance but if you can’t bear weight on it, it means you hurt yourself and need to take a break or it won’t get better πŸ™   My left quad started hurting after a few days in a bad way so I took a break on the lunges on that side and that really helped.  Like Candace said, I would just stick with the exercises that don’t aggravate the injury for now.

The topic ‘30 Day Shred CHECK IN!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors