30 day shred – hardest part is the push ups

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1064 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

@jessyrez:  yes you will! my SO is super fitnessy and I started doing push ups at one point because of it and added on how many I could do pretty fast! so yes you will get better at them fast!

how do you like 30 day shred? as awesome as it’s supposed to be?

Post # 4
2274 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@jessyrez:  Meeee!   I wrote this thread this morning, because of the push-ups I need to do for 30 day shed. 

Post # 5
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Yes! My first day of the Shred, I literally couldn’t do a pushup ON MY KNEES. I had zero core/arm strength, it was embarrassing. I stuck with it, and by the beginning/middle of Level 2, I was shocked to see that I could do one on my toes! I only was able to lower myself an inch or two, but just the fact that I could go up on my toes felt like a huge accomplishment. Now, (just started Level 3), I can plank, pushup AND even do most of the crazy pushups in Level 3. And I started from literally zero. Don’t give up!!

Post # 6
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Haha, yes, you will get better. 

Post # 7
1733 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@FutureCuomo6610:  I just started the Level 3 and I can NOT do the superman whatsoever!!

Post # 8
5935 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m doing Insanity, but I totally get what you mean! I sure hope push-ups get easier fast because they are hard dang it!

Post # 9
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i run 3miles every morning, do weights, squats, and abs on weekends but i suck at push ups! lol even my girly push ups suck Embarassed

Post # 10
1055 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Yes, push ups definitely get easier. Try wall push ups through out the day.

For me, the issue with push ups is not just the strength but that I have a tight chest, I find a lot of women roll their shoulders forward, wall push ups help to build strength and open up the front of the chest! 

Keep it up!

Post # 14
258 posts
Helper bee

@BakerBee16:  Ugh, it’s challenging, that’s for sure. The worst part for me were the jumping lunges and rockstar jumps. When I first attempted the rockstar jump, I honestly laughed out loud. Who can possibly do that at the end of the workout?? But I like the burn I feel – haven’t felt that worked since my early Level 1 days :).

Post # 15
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@jessyrez:  On a related note and only because you mentioned the 30 day shred, can I ask you a question? I have a bad lower back (herniated lumbar disks). In your opinion, is this workout tough on your lower back? I bought it, but now I’m scared to try it for that reason.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors