30 Day Shred in an upstairs apartment?

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Dentist offices have TONS of people going in and out and they play background music… I doubt they’ll hear you! Stomp away!

Post # 4
Hostess
22135 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have this problem too, except that I have people living below me, so no more 30 Day Shred for me till we’re outta this apartment! 🙁

If you stick with 30 Day Shred, you should definitely see some results! Good luck!

Post # 5
939 posts
Busy bee

I did 30 day shred when I lived above a adult learning center and no one ever complained, you really don’t make that much noice!

Post # 6
9412 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@hogoboom2012:  Jillian has other workouts that don’t involve so much jumping. I’ve done essentially all of them so I’m obviously a fan and believer.

Post # 8
9412 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@hogoboom2012:  I like killer buns and thighs. You can’t escape jumping with Jillian but the Shred is just awful for it 😛 Same as Ripped in 30. Anything yoga is good too. Shred it with Weights is more weight based (obviously) and less jumpy cardio.

You can always modify the jumpy crap for other similar moves. I do that a lot.

Post # 9
122 posts
Blushing bee

I did the 30DS in my upstairs apt last year… Terrific results! Don’t worry about the noise. I did the whole program barefoot, out of concern for my neighbors… And it was totally easy and effective anyway. It’ll be fine. 

Post # 10
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I do it. In running shoes, at 9:00 at night. But I have no remorse doing so, because my downstairs neighbours run their desel truck outside my window at 4:30 in the morning. So payback is me being Stompy McStompStomp. 

Post # 12
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Oh and the 30 Day Shred will help out if you’re using it as a supplement. It’s a pretty short workout, and if you’re in decent shape, then it’s not that hard. I did it as my evening work out, on top of Insanity or working out in the gym in the morning, and I felt it was a good workout. It’s not impossible, and the first week is really really easy if you’re in decent shape, but I just moved to week 2 early. 

I like Jillian’s videos as supplemental workouts. She’s pretty motivating, and they’re all pretty home friendly, unlike some workout videos that require equpiment and stuff.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors