(Closed) 30 Day Shred (Level 2) Question-Planks

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

With the plank, you need to create a straight line from the top of your head to your heels.  Keep looking down so your neck is in line with the rest of your body.  The biggest problem people tend to have with the plank is to keep their butt down – it needs to stay in line with the rest of your body (it is cheating if you stick it up in the air!).

Here is a good link that describes it and has a picture too!

Post # 5
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I hated level 2 because of all the plank stuff and skipped to level 3, LOL! You’re a better woman than I!!!

Post # 6
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@huckleberry783:  I am confused!  To me, that is forearms on the floor…but regardless of how your arms are oriented (if you mean to say that is the side of the arms in the picture as opposed to the forearm) the rest of your body should still be the same.  You want to create that straight line and hold your body tight with your abs pulled in, or think about pulling your belly button in towards your spine by tilting your pelvis forward slightly and squeezing your butt and abs!

Post # 8
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yes I know what you mean about the planks. I had never done them on my hands before either. I’m not sure what that does exactly, except that its harder on the shoulders.  I think level 2 is way harder than level 3.

Post # 9
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

In yoga, plank is on your palms, almost like a pushup. Your butt need to stay down and on perfect straight form.

Post # 10
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I do these with my trainer at the gym and she also reminds me to keep my abs engaged the whole time and stay as still as possible. I hold them for 60 seconds.

Post # 11
2201 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Also to think about – in the plank your hands (or elbows, if you’re on your forearms) should be directly below your shoulders. A lot of time people put them out to the side, or out in front because it’s easier.

I alternate between hands and forearms, mainly because I have bad wrists and doing them up on the hands can hurt. If you’re after the ab workout, it doesn’t matter which you do. If you want the arm workout, and don’t have any physical issues, then try to do the plank on your hands to get more of a full-body workout.

Hope that helps!

Post # 13
798 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

lol @Goldilocks1107 i was just typing out that exact thing.

If you want a really challenging plank move, try going from lower plank (on elbows) to the upper plank (on hands).  One arm at a time of course…then back and forth.

The topic ‘30 Day Shred (Level 2) Question-Planks’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors